CFW upgrade help

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Undergroundkidd, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Undergroundkidd
    OP

Undergroundkidd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    hey all so I am in need of help trying to upgrade my cfw on my slim PS3. It is currently on Rogero 4.55 cfw and I wish to use the latest rebug cfw. I haven't been active in the PS3 cfw scene it quite a while as you can probably tell so I don't know where to start. I was under the impression I could just update it from a sub and be done but I constantly receive an error message, so I thought I had to downgrade but also receive an error message.

Can anybody give me guidance on what I need to do in order to update and what is needed, not sure if I need to go through the whole flashing process again, any help is appreciated.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    do u have a working bluetooth or bluray? that can cause errors. I made an update pup for each of those to bypass the checks when updating firmware.

3. Undergroundkidd
    OP

Undergroundkidd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    I'm not sure what you mean, but if you are asking if my blu Ray drive and Bluetooth on the console work then yes they are both fine and work

4. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    if u have the error number, we can look it up on psdevwiki.

5. Undergroundkidd
    OP

Undergroundkidd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    The error code is 80029cca.

6. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    something may be wrong with the flash drive. the error means: "error checking update data." ...which is pretty broad. normally, it stores the update in dev_hdd1 I believe before installation, but it's not even making it that far.

7. Undergroundkidd
    OP

Undergroundkidd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    Yeah I'm at a loss on it. I'm currently not near the system and I'm at work. I will be able to provide more information and screenshots when I get back if that would be any help to figure out what's going on and what I need to do

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I do know that when trying to use any downgrader it says it's not supported and sometimes I get a corrupted error as well if that helps any

8. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yeah, the error is not very informative as to what's going on. I suspect it's either the flash drive or the update itself. I've seen a lot of these weird update issues with people over the years, so it's not exactly uncommon.

9. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...