CfW to OFW - Factory reset bricked my switch

Loln007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi Guys, not sure if this is the correct forum to post my question but here it goes. I took my console out (after 7-8 months) to factory reset. I was on official firmware 8.0 and using old version of Atmosphere and Hekate to boot into cfw. To do a factory reset, I simply loaded my Switch in OFW and performed a factory reset. It asked me to update my Switch to perform a reset which I ignored. I wiped out my memory card and then loaded into recovery mode to wipe everything from the Switch without updating the firmware. I successfully wiped off my everything from my Nintendo switch but was unable to access internet for some reason. So I thought of updating my Nintendo switch to fix this issue, and once the switch was updated, the screen just went black. I had around 90% battery at the time of updating the switch, so I am not sure what triggered the black screen. I have tried everything possible to light up rhe screen, but nothing. Performed soft reset, hard reset etc. and nothing has worked so far. I have kept it on charging for past 3 hours, will leave it overnight and check back again. What do you guys think might be the issue?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, not sure if this is the correct forum to post my question but here it goes. I took my console out (after 7-8 months) to factory reset. I was on official firmware 8.0 and using old version of Atmosphere and Hekate to boot into cfw. To do a factory reset, I simply loaded my Switch in OFW and performed a factory reset. It asked me to update my Switch to perform a reset which I ignored. I wiped out my memory card and then loaded into recovery mode to wipe everything from the Switch without updating the firmware. I successfully wiped off my everything from my Nintendo switch but was unable to access internet for some reason. So I thought of updating my Nintendo switch to fix this issue, and once the switch was updated, the screen just went black. I had around 90% battery at the time of updating the switch, so I am not sure what triggered the black screen. I have tried everything possible to light up rhe screen, but nothing. Performed soft reset, hard reset etc. and nothing has worked so far. I have kept it on charging for past 3 hours, will leave it overnight and check back again. What do you guys think might be the issue?

Very unlikely you bricked it simoly by removing the SDCard.

How is your switch hacked? RCM or Modchip?

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Have you tried booting into recovery mode after you reached your current state? Have you tried pushing a payload just to see if Hekate loads up?

Loln007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Have you tried booting into recovery mode after you reached your current state? Have you tried pushing a payload just to see if Hekate loads up?
I have tried by holding power + volume buttons for iver 60 seconds. I even tried to connect it to my PC to push the pay load (even though the sd card is now completely wiped off) but my PC doesn't recognize it. I tried pushing the payload through Tegra, it's just not recognizing my Nintendo switch.

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I have tried by holding power + volume buttons for iver 60 seconds. I even tried to connect it to my PC to push the pay load (even though the sd card is now completely wiped off) but my PC doesn't recognize it. I tried pushing the payload through Tegra, it's just not recognizing my Nintendo switch.
Hmm this sounds very odd... This might be a stretch but have you tried opening the switch and unplugging the battery?

Reactions: binkinator

Loln007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hmm this sounds very odd... This might be a stretch but have you tried opening the switch and unplugging the battery?
I haven't done that yet. I have left my Switch to charge overnight to see if something happens. If that doesn't work, I will order a repair kit from Amazon tomorrow and disconnect the battery and see if that works. This is very infuriating.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Loln007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this step as well but with no luck! Nintendo switch is acting so weird. I am waiting for the tool kit to arrive. I might unplug the battery and see if it works

Those are my best tricks. Something’s definitely fucky.

Any aversion to reinstalling the same versions of Hekate/Atmosphere and seeing if you can get to CFW again? It’s a long shot but I’m running out of ideas at this point.

E: oh…I see you can’t even push a payload. Damn. We might be out of options. :-(

Loln007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Those are my best tricks. Something’s definitely fucky.

Any aversion to reinstalling the same versions of Hekate/Atmosphere and seeing if you can get to CFW again? It’s a long shot but I’m running out of ideas at this point.

E: oh…I see you can’t even push a payload. Damn. We might be out of options. :-(
Me too! :( But thanks for all your suggestions. I am waiting on my tool repair kit now. If that doesn't fix it, I will be sad to sell my v1 Nintendo switch for parts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==