Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks a lot <3
Just to let you know:

Torrent is just a way to send and receive files through the internet. It's a P2P software, and P2P means Peer-to-peer (or User to user). That means that some user has the files, and another user get the files from that user directly, it's not uploaded on some server.

Torrents and P2P in general isn't anything illegal, plenty of legal stuff is available that way and is a way to keep server costs down. Take a free operating system, like some version of Linux for example. They don't make money from the operating system, and distributing a DVD for every user as a download would make the server costs huge. If the users download the software and share it with new users instead, it will spread without their server being involved.

Does it feel better now?

pokebum232

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there is nothing wrong with the torrents. you are downloading stuff from a reliable source. it may not be legal, but its safe.

Reactions: htluga

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
downloading the 3ds.guido files doesnt get you a lawsuit....

nly when you are downloading copyrighted materials like games, dvd's .

but then they have to track dwown ur IP

just download the 3ds.guide stuff with torrents.. torrents isnt illigal. only some content. but that doesnt apply for the 3ds.guide files

Reactions: htluga

htluga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i put the link in it cause i cant download the torrent file from 3ds.guide. The sire sais Saving;Caching "filename" (3peers connected)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well with torretn u can download alot of pc games. Is there a difference between those pc games and those 3ds files?
Sigh.... Torrents aren't the same as piracy. There are plenty of legitimate uses for them.

Also, if the most widely known, most recommended hacking guide provides those files, it's pretty obvious that they're clean.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Just want to explain what exactly a torrent is, so people do not get confused. So when you want to download a regular file it involves 2 steps. Uploading the file to a server online, and the other person downloading it. Sometimes though, the files are copyrighted, so they cannot be uploaded without being taken down. This is where torrents come in. What a torrent does is, instead of being hosted on a server, the file is hosted directly on somebody's computer. This avoids server costs and worries of the file being taken down. The reason why torrents get a bad rep is because of torrent sites that offer pirated games. Since games are copyrighted content, people use torrents instead of regular download links. Many of these links though are scammers trying to get people to download viruses advertised as a game. 3ds.guide on the other hand offers perfectly safe firmware files that i have torrented in the past, and can confirm they are 100 percent safe and virus free.
That's not the only reason, torrents can be used for a lot more than copyrighted content.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM