Hacking CFW: European Legality

Salfay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have a question about 3DS CFW Legality.
I know that, in EU, users are allowed to modify their system as long as they don't use copyrighted material. However, I can't find thay law.

Could you sent me a link talking about that ?
Thank you !!

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I know that, in EU, users are allowed to modify their system as long as they don't use copyrighted material. However, I can't find thay law.

Thank you !!

I don't know where to find it. However I believe another condition on that is that the modification does not counter anti piracy measures.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,

Thank you !!
You own the system, you're allowed to do whatever you want with it as long as you're not breaking the law. Not that it matters, it's not like the cops are gonna bust down your door.

Godofcheese

Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the informations !
All consoles have anti-piracy measures right ?

Yes, but there's a loophole for that in some countries
if the modification only makes it possible to play backups and not dump then on the machine itself, then it's possible a legal thing.

but all countries have different stances on this, like UK and Japan, it's 100% illegal there :)

bandithedoge

Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
Just having CFW doesn't make you a certified criminal. Nobody will arrest you, stop asking about it. If you pirate games then you might be in trouble but if you stay quiet and don't share anything you'll probably be fine too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo