CFW DSi (With Flashcart that Works)

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Hipeopeo, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Hipeopeo
    OP

Hipeopeo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    United States
    Pretty Much Hell
    I have been attempting to CFW my DSi. I am aware of https://dsiguide.me. I have a flashcart that successfully launches on my DSi. I am also on 1.4.5. Can I downgrade, and hack using my Flashcart? Thanks for any help.

Edit: I also have Legend of Zelda Four Swords, apparently that’s exploitable.

Last edited by Hipeopeo, Mar 13, 2018
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, you need the ability to edit the nand (via hardmod and the ability to dump your CID and ConsoleID, or alternatively via a DSiWare exploit), zero retail physical games have nand/sd access permissions

The "older-than-DSi flashcard or DS game" will apply to RocketLauncher, which is a (still vaporware for the general public) 1.4.0 exploit, which allows privileges higher than any released DSiware exploit - including the ability to run CFW; but you'd need the ability to edit the nand in the first place to setup RocketLauncher

You also need the ability to edit the nand to install one of the save-based DSiware exploits (including the 4 Swords one) on 1.4.2 or higher

Last edited by Ryccardo, Mar 13, 2018
  3. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    You can't do it with a flashcart, you'll need the Flipnote Studio software installed on your DSi (it came included with some consoles). Is it on your DSi?

4. Hipeopeo
    OP

Hipeopeo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    United States
    Pretty Much Hell
    Yes, I have Flipnote Studio. Also the Web Browser

5. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    slaphappygamer likes this.
  6. Hipeopeo
    OP

Hipeopeo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    United States
    Pretty Much Hell
    Just noting, I do have my ConsoleID.txt. Obtained from the guide using DSiWareNumbers.bin. Ugopwn won’t work. I’m giving up, just gonna trash the DSi.