CFW and Sky3ds+?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kinqdra, May 15, 2016.

1. Kinqdra
    OP

Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Aug 7, 2009
    Croatia
    I posted this in the noob questions thread 4 days ago and I didn't get a response yet so I'm reposting it here. Is it possible to install a CFW on an O3DS firmware 10.7.0-32E (I've read it's possible on 10.7.0 but no -32E part so I don't want to risk it) without the use of a flashcard? I ordered a sky3ds+ but it hasn't arrived yet. Also, is it even worth installing a CFW if my sky3ds+ will soon arrive? What does it provide that the sky3ds+ doesn't? And in case I do go for both, will i need 2 memory cards (sd and micro sd)? The one I currently have in my 3DS is 2GB so I'm guessing I'll need a new one. Thanks :)

2. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    Read this guide; it'll give you more than just steps to accomplish CFW. It'll also give you plenty of explanations:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Regarding benefits of CFW, just Google "3ds cfw vs sky3ds", you'll see a bunch of hits. I've seen it discussed numerous times, that's probably why you're not getting too many responses.

Wherever you see 10.7.0, it implies 10.7.0-xx, where xx means don't care.

3. jerrmy12

jerrmy12 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    I believe you can put a hackable game on your """sky3ds master race"""
    Sell it when you're done downgrading

4. Kinqdra
    OP

Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Aug 7, 2009
    Croatia
    Thanks! What about memory cards? Could I maybe use 1 micro sd card and a micro SD to SD adapter for both (meaning all the data goes on that microsd card)?

5. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    You'll definitely need 1 micro SD for the Sky3DS++ and 1 SD card for the O3DS. The O3DS can use microSD with a SD adapter; in fact, that's how mine is at this time.