Hacking CFG Loader resets to system menu

pulseracer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the Modmii install on 4.1 ...

I have a Seagate Freeagent usb drive which works fine.

The problem is sometimes when I launch the USB loader, it doesn't get to the CFG screen and instead pushes me back to the Wii system menu. At that point, if I load Hermes uloader, let it tell me there's no WBFS partition (which there is) and then exit from it, I can go back into the CFG loader and it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this/what I can do to correct it?

pulseracer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did see I can upgrade to .65 but was a little nervous to do that cuz I'm an idiot about this stuff and I don't want to disturb a potentially delicate IOS ecosystem with some version its not prepared for... but I'll try that. Could it be that simple? I guess I figured running .64 or .65 probably wouldn't make a huge difference. This modmii was done two weeks ago.

pulseracer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, upgraded to 65. Didn't fix the problem. Still have to load ULoader 5.1 and then exit from the program to get the Wii to recognize the hard drive.

Compounding my woes, I decided to throw USB Loader GX on the Wii with a forwarder, hoping it might not have the same issue. Forwarder was a bad call as its now taken over for CFG Loader and it loses the hard drive more frequently (tho can also be recognized via same ULoader enter/exit method).

Any idea what the ULoader is doing to recognize the drive that the other loaders don't do? Is there a config file modification I need to do?

Err0rist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pulse, unplug your hard drive and boot into the system menu.

Plug the hard drive in and let it initialize, after waiting a second try running CFG.

I noticed certain hard drives have to be started like that to be detected.

I know this method worked for me with a Free Agent and an iPod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-