Hacking centon datastick sport 64gb in Vwii acting odd

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i just picked up this stupid centon datastick sport 64gb and it have been acting odd in my wii u Vwii mode.
ok so i copied all my wii/GC rips to this new usb (2 hour process) and put it in the wiiu, all seems well wii U asks to format i decline. then i boot into Vwii mode and the light on the usb turns off. then i go to boot a wii game and it turns back on and works, game loads fine.
exit to HB menu light goes off again, load up nintendont and boom it cant find FAT device.. tried many times and nintendont cant find usb. and yes i am 100% sure its setup correctly trust me the fat32, primary 32k clusters the whole 9 yards... put back my old hard drive and nintendont works so its not the app.
then i decide to open up WIISX and again the light is off and i go to browse for a iso and the usb is not detected. and yes i have tried every usb port. so then i decide to try to use my usb splitter that gives my HDD extra power on this usb and nothing. my analysis as that this usb does not seem to work on most homebrew. my question why does it work with usb loader GX but nothing else? and anything i can do to fix this?

aceoyame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vwii seems to make the USB ports give a little less power for some reason. At least that's my experience. You could get a USB extension cable and make it power from an external 5v source. Note that I mean I have to splice the power into the cable

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vwii seems to make the USB ports give a little less power for some reason. At least that's my experience. You could get a USB extension cable and make it power from an external 5v source. Note that I mean I have to splice the power into the cable

been tried that didnt work i tried the same dual male usb that powers my HDD and it dosent work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night