Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

  • Thread starter Thread starter FIX94
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 589,306
  • Replies Replies 2,077
  • Likes Likes 115
@FIX94 is there a way to block updates with iosuhax and not relying on a DNS address? This is the only thing that kept me away from installing CBHC
No not without doing permanent damage to the system there isn't, whats wrong with the current system anyway? The only thing useful you can't use is the eshop and that's only used to give nintendo money anyway and you can use NNU patcher to access it anyway. The only way I could think of blocking updates without DNS is somehow messing with the system updater title to make it non-fuctional but it would have to be temporary as if it is found to be damaged the wii u will not boot anymore without undoing it throught hardmod. Another way is to do the process NNU patcher those at the same time the sig patcher runs which will allow you to access eshop and updates but no system updates
 
Last edited by KevinX8,
What would happen if you were to open the Title after installing CBHC?

Would it still perform the same as Haxchi?
Or would it simply brick everything?
it would most likely freeze since you can't patch firmware twice, it shouldn't brick no
 
What exactly do I need to do to get FTPiiU everywhere to work? I assumed that I would just need to boot into sysNAND with CBHC like I normally would, start my installed Hombrew Launcher and start FTPiiU from there. Well, I did exactly that and I just can't establish a connection with Filezilla or WinSCP...
Am I doing something wrong? I downloaded the exact version that FIX94 is linking to in the OP and I've entered the correct IP and port into my clients, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong...
 
What exactly do I need to do to get FTPiiU everywhere to work? I assumed that I would just need to boot into sysNAND with CBHC like I normally would, start my installed Hombrew Launcher and start FTPiiU from there. Well, I did exactly that and I just can't establish a connection with Filezilla or WinSCP...
Am I doing something wrong? I downloaded the exact version that FIX94 is linking to in the OP and I've entered the correct IP and port into my clients, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong...
That was just an issue with my router, just had to reboot it. Probably should've thought about that before posting in here
 
Please, just try it. It won't brick and won't freeze.

I was only attempting to be cautious in this situation, as when something is called "DONT TOUCH ME", usually it means you shouldn't touch it.

Though I understand that it probably means only in Data Management so you don't move from NAND.
 
Just to say took the plunge and installed CBHC 1.4u1 after moving my Haxchi icon to the last page, unplugging all my USBs and it works a treat. Set it to auto boot sysmenu and impressed it doesn't seem to take any more noticeable time than before. Great work @FIX94 and all involved.
 
I Love it. Now My 5 yr old doesnt have to run fw.img everytime he wants to play our back ups.... ;) and yes You can Move it around the menu and it DOES NOT BRICK! BUT... Do Not move with system Management tool. Thx So Much FIX94 my 5YR OLD Son Loves the Autoboot Feature. (I'm Teaching Them Young I.E. he can Navigate how to install and use fw.img on wiiu and knows how to do everything with 3ds. Gotta Teach him the Vita next.)

Thx again
Debo
 
lol
 

Attachments

  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 393
Version 1.4u2 came out 25 minutes ago. If I just re-run the installer to update it everything should be fine, right? That's what I read just want to confirm though.
 
there is no point in updating if you already have v1.4u1 really, which is why I didnt even bother announcing it here. but yes, as always just re-running the installer is all you need.
 
there is no point in updating if you already have v1.4u1 really, which is why I didnt even bother announcing it here. but yes, as always just re-running the installer is all you need.
Thanks, I actually only have standard v1.4 installed currently. Also, thanks for developing this.
 
Hey guys pretty sure i killed my wii u,

I had haxchi and CBHC setup working well then i decided to do a bulk install of CFW only titles that i downloaded using wii u download helper. One of the games was Brain training which i used to setup haxchi with. Wii U now doesnt boot just shows error 160-2203 .

Any ideas or is she a big paper weight now?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted