Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for cbhc v1.5, I'm by now considering to drop the boot mocha cfw option or something; its impressive how often people use it for sysnand and wonder why it doesnt work properly, PLEASE just read the first post where I say for sysnand to just use the internal cbhc cfw... by now I'm REALLY pissed off at how often I already had to repeat that point and its still happening...
Okay...How do I get back into the CBHC menu to turn off autoboot for mocha?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to replace the startup splash screen with something else, the black screen with the white text.

I've seen some custom mocha screens floating about wondered if we can use the same process here?

Reactions: Thirdeyechai

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah! I would like to see that too!
I had a look for a .tga file on the sd card to see if that's the splash screen but the app windows spat me to open them shows just black screens with no text.

I'm not sure that it's as simple as replacing one, I didn't try very hard lol, I'm going to have another look when the missus gets up ;)

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to replace the startup splash screen with something else, the black screen with the white text.

I've seen some custom mocha screens floating about wondered if we can use the same process here?
If a custom boot screen makes the console booting slower, I hope that there will be no custom boot screen. For me it is good as it is.

Reactions: Haymose

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If a custom boot screen makes the console booting slower, I hope that there will be no custom boot screen. For me it is good as it is.
You misunderstand, I'm not asking for this to be implemented, I was asking if there was a way to change it ourselves by replacing a file on sd. I don't think there is but if it where a case of simply replacing a .tga with a custom one I doubt the impact would be more than a couple of ms.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sysnand through cbhc does include wupserver?
I'm wondering too.
Users reported that it doesn't work, and fix94 even said that he uses Mocha if he need WUP Server.
But there is MCP wupserver included in CBHC, Is that an offline version of WUPServer? for example fptiiu_everywhere is sending WUP server commands directly without using a WUP client?

I'm not sure to understand what MCP is, nor what "mcp" stand for.
Fix94, maybe you could explain a little? I'll update the wiki after your answer too. thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK so this indeed does not include a "online" wupserver thread that can be used via PC and python, mainly because 99.9% of users wont ever need it anyways because most things you can do there are available in homebrew form by now anyways, I do however include a version that can be used via homebrew using some modifications as I demonstrate in both ftpiiu-everywhere and retroarch, it is not quite the same as the "normal" iosuhax node but very, very similar in its usage.
Also yes that is how ftpiiu-everywhere works, it runs in ppc and forwards the filesystem commands to this "offline" wupserver version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout +1