Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by FIX94, Dec 10, 2016.

Dec 10, 2016
  1. panther666

Member panther666 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Thnx, i make it with dimok's iosuhax, its not working...
    Now its ok! :)

2. Robfozz

Member Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

United States
    All you have to do to avoid this is remove all text whatsoever because people are retarded and can't read.

3. lebrawurschd

Member lebrawurschd GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    @FIX94 dont get mad there always ton of people who are too dumb to read the first thread.
    You did an amaizing work with CBHC and all the other stuff you released there are always people who are to dumb or to lazy to read all the stuff in the first post Just ignore them.

I dont care if you drop mocha CFW from the boot menu but i would like to have a easy way to add some enrties sin im using the menu to launch stuff not the autoboot feature.

Keep up youre great work.

4. Filo97

Member Filo97 A Nintendo REALLY big hacking fan

Italy
    Could you make it so that when there is a default menu option instead of the text "launching thisthinghere" there is no text at all? it would look more clean

5. kajeinarsson

Newcomer kajeinarsson Member

Sweden
    Wanna have a clean look? Search on Google "is your friend" maybe you will find a way. Me glad as long its coldboot.

6. torekiki

Newcomer torekiki Member

Italy
    If I unistall CBHC wih the installer, I restore the old HAXCHI (with config.txt function)?

7. FIX94
    OP

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    ok why the fuck do people think that is more "clean" to not show those 2 seconds of text I dont get it, the music would still abruptly stop, it would still turn black abruptly, it would still change the music and show the wiiu menu logo all of the sudden and on top of that you loose the ability to easly cancel autoboot, which you can only cancel once the on-screen text shows up; pressing for example the sync button on the console itself before that text shows up would lock the button out and it would never be registered so you would entirely loose that option and would HAVE TO RELY ON A CONTROLLER which sounds like a terrible idea, on top of that removing that small menu all together is a really stupid idea, imagine if you suddenly cant just boot into system menu anymore because it would instantly trigger an update or something so its important to have as many backup options as possible especially with something like this that could BRICK YOUR CONSOLE in a situation like that, do you guys really think I do all of this for no reason at all or something? seriously... I always try to make it safe and simple for people to use and I personally very much think this fulfills all of that.

KiiWii, Nigleet, asper and 29 others like this.
  8. lebrawurschd

Germany
    just try you may need to reinstall the old HAXCHI

torekiki likes this.
  9. torekiki

Newcomer torekiki Member

Italy
    ok, thank you

10. lebrawurschd

Germany
    oh fix94 if i brick my wii am i able to still boot homebrew trough CBHC

11. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    it depends where the brick issue is located in the loading process.
    if you deleted or moved the DS game, it can't do anything as you deleted CBHC itself, so there's no recovery menu.
    if it's bricked after CBHC is loaded, yes, you can fix it. (some users had reboot loop issue, and being able to access HBL was useful to fix it)

I think uninstalling CBHC is only restoring the original system.xml file content.
    I don't know if it deleted the rom.zip, but there's no reason to do it. if rom.zip is not deleted, then the uninstall only remove the coldboot option. It does not restore your previous rom.zip (haxchi).
    you need to install haxchi again to overwrite the non coldbooted anymore CBHC's rom.zip or else you would have a manually triggered CBHC (non coldboot).

DO NOT INSTALL HAXCHI BEFORE UNINSTALLING CBHC.

I think you might be interested in this :
    Haxchi direct (click on "thread" on haxchi direct's line)
    (it's haxchi with the same CBHC patches, without menu or config, and with sysNAND patches only)
    there's no coldboot option, DO NOT REPLACE CBHC with it without uninstalling CBHC first.

what you want is maybe this with coldboot option, but like Fix94 said, it's always safer to have option to boot fw.img or hbl.
    no control over the boot sequence is dangerous. it's not recommended and not supported by devs. Do not set system.xml to haxchi direct! (reboot loop assured)
    I'd better have to click and load a title manually WHEN I need sig-patch or region free than having coldboot do it without menus but higher brick risk.

most users can install real-signed games, they don't always need signature patch or region free.

Ghassen-ga and thaikhoa like this.
  12. lebrawurschd

Germany
    thanks ofc cant it work without the exploit game
    i mean you need to be fucking retarded to delete the exploit game you get warned in this thread you get warned in the installer and you get warned on the game itself

and last but not least he added a delete protection in v 1.4

13. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    don't worry, users will still manage to do what they are advised not to do.

Gadorach and asper like this.
  14. lebrawurschd

Germany
    i know i had a ragnarok online server for a long time you told them multiple times dont even attempt to cheat or modify files it will end in a ban since all necessary files are md5 checked and a modifikation will end in a auto ban they still tried

15. wicksand420

Newcomer wicksand420 Advanced Member

United States
    is there a loadiine installer for the home menu to use with cbhc?

16. DocAmes1980

Member DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No. Just install another Haxchi on a different DS exploitable game. Alternatively you could replace The Homebrew Launcher or Mocha CFW .elf with the loadiine.elf (rename it to the respective .elf that you are replacing) and then select the appropriate option on the boot menu to start Loadiine.

17. lebrawurschd

Germany
    dont install another vc even thinking about it is bullshit
    boot chbc into system menu congrats youre now in sysmenu with isouhax !
    get youre sd create a folder install download homebrew launcher channel place it inside put it back into youre wii u
    load a browser exploit to boot homebrew
    load the homebrew app store and get wupinstaller mod install homebrew launcher chanel and youre good to go

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also dont use mocha + cbhc in system menu only use mocha + cbhc for rednand

18. xtheman

Member xtheman GBAtemp's Official Ghost

Antarctica
    Haxchi has key shortcuts and a lot like that.

19. DocAmes1980

Member DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can install another VC to use with Haxchi. It'll be fine. What you suggested is reasonable and would work fine but the dude I was responding to wanted a way to launch Loadiine directly from the Wii U menu. There is no Loadiine channel installer so for now Haxchi is the only way to achieve that.

20. wicksand420

Newcomer wicksand420 Advanced Member

United States
    you got it Doc, thats what im doing, thanks man.

DocAmes1980 likes this.