Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

D

Deleted User

for cbhc v1.5, I'm by now considering to drop the boot mocha cfw option or something; its impressive how often people use it for sysnand and wonder why it doesnt work properly, PLEASE just read the first post where I say for sysnand to just use the internal cbhc cfw... by now I'm REALLY pissed off at how often I already had to repeat that point and its still happening...
All you have to do to avoid this is remove all text whatsoever because people are retarded and can't read.

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@FIX94 dont get mad there always ton of people who are too dumb to read the first thread.
You did an amaizing work with CBHC and all the other stuff you released there are always people who are to dumb or to lazy to read all the stuff in the first post Just ignore them.

I dont care if you drop mocha CFW from the boot menu but i would like to have a easy way to add some enrties sin im using the menu to launch stuff not the autoboot feature.

Keep up youre great work.

torekiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CBHC is HAXCHI.

Haxchi is a program replacing the DS VC rom.
it reads a config.txt to boot different things.

CBHC is an updated HAXCHI, and is also replacing the DS VC rom.zip (and therefore removing haxchi's rom.zip). it's in fact haxchi without the config.txt, but with system menu patchings.

if you already have CBHC installed, you don't have haxchi anymore.
to update CBHC, just run latest CBHC installer, it will replace the CBHC's rom.zip located in the DS VC title with the new version.

You are not installing both at the same time.
the guide tells you to install haxchi first to ensure that the DS VC rom is correctly replaced and that this channel works fine after a reboot. if haxchi works fine, it means it can be used as autoboot without bricking. (some users don't try haxchi first, and brick their console by installing CBHC over a non working and non tested haxchi, for example installing without unplugging USB without testing the channel first you will brick!)
once you are sure haxchi works fine without autoboot, you can install CBHC which replace the normal haxchi and set autoboot option.
on new cbhc release, you just replace cbhc (no need to reinstall haxchi first), be sure you don't have any USB plugged too.
If I unistall CBHC wih the installer, I restore the old HAXCHI (with config.txt function)?

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok why the fuck do people think that is more "clean" to not show those 2 seconds of text I dont get it, the music would still abruptly stop, it would still turn black abruptly, it would still change the music and show the wiiu menu logo all of the sudden and on top of that you loose the ability to easly cancel autoboot, which you can only cancel once the on-screen text shows up; pressing for example the sync button on the console itself before that text shows up would lock the button out and it would never be registered so you would entirely loose that option and would HAVE TO RELY ON A CONTROLLER which sounds like a terrible idea, on top of that removing that small menu all together is a really stupid idea, imagine if you suddenly cant just boot into system menu anymore because it would instantly trigger an update or something so its important to have as many backup options as possible especially with something like this that could BRICK YOUR CONSOLE in a situation like that, do you guys really think I do all of this for no reason at all or something? seriously... I always try to make it safe and simple for people to use and I personally very much think this fulfills all of that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it depends where the brick issue is located in the loading process.
if you deleted or moved the DS game, it can't do anything as you deleted CBHC itself, so there's no recovery menu.
if it's bricked after CBHC is loaded, yes, you can fix it. (some users had reboot loop issue, and being able to access HBL was useful to fix it)

If I unistall CBHC wih the installer, I restore the old HAXCHI (with config.txt function)?
I think uninstalling CBHC is only restoring the original system.xml file content.
I don't know if it deleted the rom.zip, but there's no reason to do it. if rom.zip is not deleted, then the uninstall only remove the coldboot option. It does not restore your previous rom.zip (haxchi).
you need to install haxchi again to overwrite the non coldbooted anymore CBHC's rom.zip or else you would have a manually triggered CBHC (non coldboot).

DO NOT INSTALL HAXCHI BEFORE UNINSTALLING CBHC.

@FIX94 I would personally love a cbch version fully patched and with no autoboot menu booting straight to sysnand.
So if you ever decide to make one, hit me up!
BTW... Thanx for all the hard work and all your support!
I think you might be interested in this :
Haxchi direct (click on "thread" on haxchi direct's line)
(it's haxchi with the same CBHC patches, without menu or config, and with sysNAND patches only)
there's no coldboot option, DO NOT REPLACE CBHC with it without uninstalling CBHC first.

what you want is maybe this with coldboot option, but like Fix94 said, it's always safer to have option to boot fw.img or hbl.
no control over the boot sequence is dangerous. it's not recommended and not supported by devs. Do not set system.xml to haxchi direct! (reboot loop assured)
I'd better have to click and load a title manually WHEN I need sig-patch or region free than having coldboot do it without menus but higher brick risk.

most users can install real-signed games, they don't always need signature patch or region free.

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks ofc cant it work without the exploit game
i mean you need to be fucking retarded to delete the exploit game you get warned in this thread you get warned in the installer and you get warned on the game itself

and last but not least he added a delete protection in v 1.4

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i know i had a ragnarok online server for a long time you told them multiple times dont even attempt to cheat or modify files it will end in a ban since all necessary files are md5 checked and a modifikation will end in a auto ban they still tried

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a loadiine installer for the home menu to use with cbhc?

No. Just install another Haxchi on a different DS exploitable game. Alternatively you could replace The Homebrew Launcher or Mocha CFW .elf with the loadiine.elf (rename it to the respective .elf that you are replacing) and then select the appropriate option on the boot menu to start Loadiine.

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dont install another vc even thinking about it is bullshit
boot chbc into system menu congrats youre now in sysmenu with isouhax !
get youre sd create a folder install download homebrew launcher channel place it inside put it back into youre wii u
load a browser exploit to boot homebrew
load the homebrew app store and get wupinstaller mod install homebrew launcher chanel and youre good to go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also dont use mocha + cbhc in system menu only use mocha + cbhc for rednand

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont install another vc even thinking about it is bullshit
boot chbc into system menu congrats youre now in sysmenu with isouhax !
get youre sd create a folder install download homebrew launcher channel place it inside put it back into youre wii u
load a browser exploit to boot homebrew
load the homebrew app store and get wupinstaller mod install homebrew launcher chanel and youre good to go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also dont use mocha + cbhc in system menu only use mocha + cbhc for rednand

You can install another VC to use with Haxchi. It'll be fine. What you suggested is reasonable and would work fine but the dude I was responding to wanted a way to launch Loadiine directly from the Wii U menu. There is no Loadiine channel installer so for now Haxchi is the only way to achieve that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.