Gaming Cave Story 3D footage.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like utter-garbage.

Cave Story original was amazing. Cave Story WiiWare minus the new music was the same awesome. Cave Story 3DS minus ALL NEW GFX would be amazing. I just hope we can turn off all the new gfx and go back to classic CS.

I dont see why they cant just slip the classic style in, the 3DS is more than powerful enough considering the DS was pretty close to getting its own homebrew port.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is no reason to release yet another same old classic version, because it is already available on PC, WiiWare and DSiWare.

Please, everyone quit the stupid whining and play one of those if you want it so bad.

Noshow_soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cosmiccow said:
There is no reason to release yet another same old classic version, because it is already available on PC, WiiWare and DSiWare.

Please, everyone quit the stupid whining and play one of those if you want it so bad.

dude calm down you would be like this if there was a remake you wanted to play.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goodbye the charm, hello generic looks. They haven't even got the decency to include the original or the WiiMake on the cart.

It'll still have great gameplay I guess but its just lost so much with it switching to that style, the whole point of this game to begin with was to go back to the old school platform adventure games with great pixels...this just takes it away and just seems to be a loveless cash in.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This guy might appear in the next Smash Bros.

The game is in trouble indeed, I won't have cash to buy this game at the end of the year, with awesome titles coming for 3DS, guess Cave Story will have to wait till next year, when I might get it

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the new graphical style, but I guess there's no other way to make it on the 3ds
dry.gif

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually kinda hope this game gets cancelled. Ever since it was first announced, everything about it has screamed "Rushed" to me. It just doesn't seem promising at all.

Edit: Fuck, I need to work on not being redundant.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of appeal came from the way it looked. I love pixel based games, as they normally have to try harder than everyone else to make it look great, and Cave Story did.

The game's probably just as good gameplay wise, but I would have still loved to see it in its 8-bit glory.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comment from video-

Quote does look kinda small, but that probably will change after you play on the 3ds in person.

Looks good to me. A bunch of stuff add, yet keeping it a side-scroller.

Even if one doesn't like they style, you can least see it looks good with it.

Being that it contains all Cave Story content over time and that it has extras, should be fun and worth the money.

It does give you more of you in a cave vibe.
laugh.gif

Tonitonichopchop said:
nathancnc said:
If this game gets cancelled, i'm selling my 3DS

What you just said is so dumb I'd lower my intelligence to even begin describing what's wrong with what it.
laugh.gif

There is other games coming out if you don't get this one...

Like spider-man.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo