Gaming Cave Story 3D footage.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
They also speak about the game but most people only care about the footage.

Video

To be honest, I'm not liking what I see. Cave Story was good as it was, I don't even like the style now.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
This link should work.
http://www.gamespot.com/3ds/action/cavesto...y-3d-daily-demo

The look of the game hasn't improved from the screenshots released a while back. Everything seems drab and lifeless.
frown.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well that interview was far from enlightening.
They didn't sell the game at all, why play the 3D version when all the gameplay described can be freely played on PC or bought on WiiWare right now?

The visuals just don't really capture the environments very well, they're just converting pixels to polygons and not giving it much more consideration beyond that.
Sprite behaviour doesn't translate to models very well.

Still it's clear that the game is still unfinished, Quote uses an old sprite when teleporting, some of the bushland enemies seem to lack animation, etc.

But one of the biggest offences here is that they have completely failed to detail the games story, the enchanting tale of the Mimiga's plight against the Doctor, and the involvement of the Sakamoto family. The video footage didn't show off anything resembling character interaction or dialogue, pretty disappointing.

I also gotta say, Arthur's house was pretty shabby.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Well that interview was far from enlightening.
They didn't sell the game at all, why play the 3D version when all the gameplay described can be freely played on PC or bought on WiiWare right now?

What about more content?
The visuals just don't really capture the environments very well, they're just converting pixels to polygons and not giving it much more consideration beyond that.
Sprite behaviour doesn't translate to models very well.
Doesn't look done, but what wrong with the style or environment?

[youtube]4uFUXiBKueM[/youtube]

There are a bunch environments add-on that wasn't there and including depth.

If they just convert them, those things wouldn't be there I believe. (depth and add-on on the environment.)

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be fun to play, and see how everything has changed, but I don't think I'd buy it unless I could get it really cheap. I already paid $10 for the DSiWare version which I'll be able to play on my 3DS. Even if they add a new area or something, I don't think it's worth it.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This video restored the faith in Cave Story 3D for me. I was disappointed by the earlier screenshots. But seeing more of it and in motion, I think it's cool. Especially the fast action shooting at enemies is very well done.

So even if some don't consider it a visual master piece, I am again considering buying this when it comes out.

Besides he said something about a surprise for fans of the classic Cave Story... :)

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't look that much better than "Kim Possible" games for DS. Also, character animation is pretty bad. I think I'm going to skip.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
KingVamp said:
Well maybe it need to be more brighter as in color?
Considering Cave Story, no I don't think it needs more colour.

I remember everyone hating on the WiiWare version because they changed it ever so slightly.
I'm all up for a remake but I'd much prefer a prequel.

D

Deleted User

I think it looks great. Don't get the hate. I've played the original as well.

I don't see how the new visual style is lifeless... if anything, it looks even more lively than before. The movement is a little off, granted, but it's something I can easily look past and I'm sure will be updated pre-release.

Also they said there was a little secret for fans of the original game. Which probably means the "original style" will be an unlockable.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
Doesn't look that much better than "Kim Possible" games for DS.
What just.... just what? You can't be serious...

Does someone agree with this guy?

All that on the environment,shading, looks sharp and what not to compare to a ds game isn't fair.

There no way that would run on or look as good on the ds.

I think I might see early GameCube?

Seriously?

disneys-kim-possible-global-gemini-20070306105729832_640w.jpg
57878254.jpg
83752876.jpg

That not even a direct look at the 3DS.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
I noticed they washed out the long loading time when it was taking forever.......
Impatience FTW.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game has long loading times...the graphics are pretty good.

and the interview said that the DSi version had extra features like the Wii version...I call bullshit...

the DSi had barely any new features except if just you call boss rush and time attack mode "a lot"

they were still stingy with a lot of the the Wii version features and didn't port them to the DSi..

oh....these enviroment graphics?...

i'm thinkin' Metroid fucking Dread
biggrin.gif

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, the only compelling reason for me to get this game is if they add some nice extras. Since I have this on dsi, I see no reason to buy it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...