Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Italian version works fine (0:46)

Use original slot, without any .dtz in correct version (PAL or USA).
New NSO update extend compatibility.

-EDIT-
I was here looking for details on this news that I report

Yes, but how do you create a dtz with specific Options for certain Games or Hacks?

Reactions: nWo

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Italian version works fine (0:46)

Use original slot, without any .dtz in correct version (PAL or USA).
New NSO update extend compatibility.

-EDIT-
I was here looking for details on this news that I report

Thats no more news that saying water is wet. That setting has been known about since day one. Not everything LB says is a revelation. In fact, most of its just hot air for twitter attention.

XSnard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question,

lets say i have an old database of from CaVE...N64 Online (V1.0.0), of games... and i update the NSO N64 Online (v1.2.0), can I still use the old database or would i need to re-do the whole database from scratch?
(is that just the recommended approach?...hopefully NSO N64 will see improvements in later versions so i'm trying to figure out how to better approach the database injection part)

Same questions for SNES/NES , as well. ..though I think these are more mature.

Minor comment, I find that import presets just crashes CaVE (with older database) , but If i add the games normally rather then it works fine. Not sure if I'm just not using the function properly.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question,

lets say i have an old database of from CaVE...N64 Online (V1.0.0), of games... and i update the NSO N64 Online (v1.2.0), can I still use the old database or would i need to re-do the whole database from scratch?
(is that just the recommended approach?...hopefully NSO N64 will see improvements in later versions so i'm trying to figure out how to better approach the database injection part)

Minor comment, I find that import presets just crashes CaVE (with older database) , but If i add the games normally rather then it works fine. Not sure if I'm just not using the function properly.

Yes. You should be able to use and update a N64 V1.0 database to v1.1 and 1.2, effectively. Thats what the Add Stock Game option is for, more or less.

For SNES/NES, backwards compatability got broke in some version before N64 was supported. But you could try.

Rulesless

Trophies
Website
letraduzionidirulesless.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Italy
quick question,

Restore all descriptions and names of stock rom to the default values (keeping rom, images and dtz edited), if you have modified them, so backup old database.

XSnard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You should be able to use and update a N64 V1.0 database to v1.1 and 1.2, effectively. Thats what the Add Stock Game option is for, more or less.

For SNES/NES, backwards compatability got broke in some version before N64 was supported. But you could try.

Okay, so it is worth keeping my own separate list of games/dtz files in the event Nintendo borks the next version...hopefully by improving the emulation....my finger's are still crossed for perfect dark.

Restore all descriptions and names of stock rom to the default values (keeping rom, images and dtz edited), if you have modified them, so backup old database.

based on the above and your notes, i will likely setup a list of games/files i need to re-import should i need to recreate a database from scratch.

Appreciate the work and advice from all.

poelmans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WTF? This forum isnt sending notices when people reply now... So I've missed responding to a lot...

No. It took a bit of Lua hacking for me to even get it to work that much. I feel that the emulator code itself needs an update for it to work properly, or it needs some advanced... Nintendo only custom lua hacking to get work. Since its an announced game, its been low priority to get working properly. A LOT of effort for something thats going to work eventually, regardless.

Please people, check the FAQ...

Why don't I see the new officially added games when I update the app?

I... wish I had a better responce. But I dont know WTF is going on for you there. Something just got messed up and crossed. The multi-language support stuff has been a nightmare. Every time I fix some random issue, someone reports something else... Despite my doing extensive testing. IDK. You may just need to restart your database from scratch.

No. But the new games that are officially added wont be listed until you update your database with CaVE. See my reply above.

Its actually quite playable. It's not great, but you should be happy to have it like that at all. lol. Comments like these make me wish I released the DTZ sooner. Before v1.2? Now THAT was unplayable!
Thank you for the reply and no big deal ill just play it on my wiiu for now was just hoping for something more portable but thank you for the reply and all your hard work on the other games for now

Reactions: nWo

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CaVE has been updated to v1.3.6. It now includes support for NES/FC NSO v6.0 and SNES/SFC NSO v3.0. Additionally, a fix has been made to support SP titles being included in the "Add Stock Game" list.

As is always the case with SNES/SFC, the Full Unlock has been updated to v3.0 as well.

You can find the updates on my website as normal.

Consult the FAQ on the same page for any issues!

ShizkuMurasaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi, i'm new to this application and I cannot figure out what to do after creating a custom titles.db. I currently created one for the nes online app. I'm using a 13.2.1|AMS 1.2.6|S switch. Thanks! (P.S if there is a guide somewhere which explains how its done, I would like to know where it is as I cannot find it anywhere.)

AnyNameYouWish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks!

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong :
If I only use the widescreen, the screen is stretched. If I add the 2 others, I keep the original ratio but the upper and bottom parts of the game are off-screen. In Zelda, it leads to off-screen hearts and rupees.
Also, the bottom panel with "start" and "pause" shortcuts are never hidden.

Is this a normal behaviour or am I missing a step?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong :
If I only use the widescreen, the screen is stretched. If I add the 2 others, I keep the original ratio but the upper and bottom parts of the game are off-screen. In Zelda, it leads to off-screen hearts and rupees.
Also, the bottom panel with "start" and "pause" shortcuts are never hidden.

Is this a normal behaviour or am I missing a step?

Well... for starters... I thought he removed my disable background and disable player icon files, as I didn't want them posted at the time, let alone in this thread. If you see this ROG, please do that. They are available on my site.

That out of the way... odds are, any issues you are having are because I made those two mods for NSO-N64 v1.0. And as this is a few months later, you are likely using v2.0. Update to the v2.0 mods on my site.

Anyway... I dont use the wide screen mod, but I think it mods the same file as the background mod, and thus both cant be installed at the same time. IDK... maybe I should start managing that mod myself, rather than leaving it to others.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

AnyNameYouWish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well... for starters... I thought he removed my disable background and disable player icon files, as I didn't want them posted at the time, let alone in this thread. If you see this ROG, please do that. They are available on my site.

That out of the way... odds are, any issues you are having are because I made those two mods for NSO-N64 v1.0. And as this is a few months later, you are likely using v2.0. Update to the v2.0 mods on my site.

Anyway... I dont use the wide screen mod, but I think it mods the same file as the background mod, and thus both cant be installed at the same time. IDK... maybe I should start managing that mod myself, rather than leaving it to others.
Using the updated Playericon and Background disabled doesn't solve the conflict, they are indeed modding same files than widescreen.

But anyway, thanks for prompt answer and your work! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, lol his videos are hilarious