Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So the Full Unlock isn't integrated in your XCI, doesn't work with it.
Not sure what conditions are needed for the use of Cheat, IPS or pchtxt.
But it will work with the ORGINAL nsp or made XCI with ORIGINAL base+nsp.
If your talking about selfmade changed NSP, the Full Unlock will not work anymore I guess but not sure.

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

MManatane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course the full unlock isn't integrated to my xci (on the "XML" file and titles folder are added to the original nca). In the custom xci I cant see added games which is not the case with the hack. But there's no link between the 1.7 hack provided and the homemade xci. Just to highligth that for me it's coming from sx os version...

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only using SysNand, all updated normal so all fuses burned.
I see no reason to prevent that at all, can only lead faster to a ban that's all.

KingLir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
If you reach the menu but added games are missing then your database is just still unchanged.
Otherwise if there is something wrong with the database the app crashes or hangs, but you wouldn't reach the menu.
Check your lclassics.titlesdb.

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out.
So to help pinpoint the issue faster, let's focus on NES that don't need a hack.
Here is my entire sxos folder (yes, it's that small):
https://mega.nz/file/c8tWHaDb#CDvTQqtbbCGlD_DBGqNpSMA02tW2wvjMwEBtQfJ1bhw

I created the db using latest CaVE Database Manager - v1.1.1.0 (starting with new NES db to a clean folder)
What am I missing ?

More info:
3.0.5 + FW 10.2.0
Installed on SD Card, using SX menu, base nsp and then 4.7.0 update nsp.
Showing only stock games, all works including the latest S.C.A.T.

Last edited by KingLir,

MManatane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@DarkAkuma If you update snes online 1.7 nsp version with your own titles (made with your fantastic tool). Please can you confirm me that you no longer need your full unlock patch?

Fergamesy2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, goodnight. I have never been able to make nintendo switch online work, it always stays in the screen after the controls, and then, in the menu half screen red and gray doesn´t show any game, and when i press A in "one player", it freezes, just one little part red in the left side with the menu and the other part gray. I downloaded the app from jits in tinfoil, and the I put the cheats and activate them with the overlay menu and edizon, and put the ips archive in the nes folder that is inside exefs patches, but i can't make it work. I´m a newbie, and I dont know if I have to put the roms manually, I only want to play the ones that are already in the app, later (if I manage to make it work) maybe put my own ones. What am I missing? I'm in atmosphere 0.14.4. I will apreciate so much if you can help me.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, goodnight. I have never been able to make nintendo switch online work, it always stays in the screen after the controls, and then, in the menu half screen red and gray doesn´t show any game, and when i press A in "one player", it freezes, just one little part red in the left side with the menu and the other part gray. I downloaded the app from jits in tinfoil, and the I put the cheats and activate them with the overlay menu and edizon, and put the ips archive in the nes folder that is inside exefs patches, but i can't make it work. I´m a newbie, and I dont know if I have to put the roms manually, I only want to play the ones that are already in the app, later (if I manage to make it work) maybe put my own ones. What am I missing? I'm in atmosphere 0.14.4. I will apreciate so much if you can help me.
Issue related to having a linked account. If you link a fake account via tinfoils account linker in settings it should work.

Reactions: Fergamesy2k

VOFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance getting this working...

Brand new SXOS Emunand setup - Latest SXOS beta/Switch System Update with SNES NSO app + 1.7 update from JITS and I cant get anything extra to show up.
My SNES app launches fine, and plays stock games no issues - Just anything extra wont show up.

I have tried both the cheat unlocker and the IPS patch for 1.7 - The cheat appears in the SXOS menu when i have the SNES app open so I know i have the right titleID, etc.

I have only added Chrono Trigger to test so far, and I can see the entry for it in my lclassics.titlesdb, so I am not too sure why it wont show up...

"S-9671_e": {
"code": "S-9671_e",
"rom": "/titles/S-9671_e/9671_e.sfrom",
"sort_title": "chrono trigger",
"details_screen": "/titles/S-9671_e/S-9671_e-details.xtx.z",
"copyright": "©Nintendo",
"title": "Chrono Trigger",
"armet_threshold": 0,
"lcla6_release_date": "2020-10-06",
"armet_version": "off",
"sort_publisher": "nintendo",
"title_zhHant": "ー",
"save_count": 1,
"volume": 100,
"title_zhHans": "ー",
"publisher": "Nintendo",
"title_ko": "Chrono Trigger",
"rewind_interval": 1.5,
"release_date": "2020-10-06",
"players_count": 1,
"cover": "/titles/S-9671_e/S-9671_e.xtx.z",
"simultaneous": false,
"autoplay": []
}

My IPS patch directory looks like this:
/sxos/exefs_patches/SNES Online - Full Unlock/EDAC20E98757406EE53144A1D358210B246B2F9C.ips

My Database directory looks like this:
/sxos/titles/01008D300C50C000/romfs/titles - This contains my lclassics.titlesdb and the folder for the one ROM with title art, etc.
/sxos/titles/01008D300C50C000/romfs/bootapp - Contains resources\strings\en\strings.lng

Have I missed something, or am I doing something wrong?

MManatane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your issue can be linked to the lastest sx os version. Can you retry with the previous bêta version 3.0.4 ?

VOFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your issue can be linked to the lastest sx os version. Can you retry with the previous bêta version 3.0.4 ?
The previous beta doesnt support Switch FW 10.2.0 though? So I dont think I can try that :(

EDIT: The odd thing is, I tried this with Atmosphere last night too and it did the same thing..

Last edited by VOFluff,

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My IPS patch directory looks like this:
/sxos/exefs_patches/SNES Online - Full Unlock/EDAC20E98757406EE53144A1D358210B246B2F9C.ips

My Database directory looks like this:
/sxos/titles/01008D300C50C000/romfs/titles - This contains my lclassics.titlesdb and the folder for the one ROM with title art, etc.
/sxos/titles/01008D300C50C000/romfs/bootapp - Contains resources\strings\en\strings.lng

Have I missed something, or am I doing something wrong?
If your lclassics.titlesdb includes your above shown game 9671 and the app works but is not showing it,
then there're only 2 possibilities:
  • Current standard reason for added games not shown is using Kefir
    because having no linked account, but that's known everywhere.
  • Or the Switch isn't using this file but the original installed one.
Instead of Kefir: use LINKALHO: https://github.com/rdmrocha/linkalho

It's impossible get (S)NES Online run with mistakes.
If the Switch can't read a LayeredFS file it uses the original one (if existing).
If there are structure mistakes in the lclassics.titlesdb the app will crash at the beginning.
If it hangs at the red screen the lclassics.titlesdb is ok but files are missing.
Newest (S)NES Online work both perfect as usual with SXOS 3.0.5 + FW 10.2.0 .

VOFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your lclassics.titlesdb includes your above shown game 9671 and the app works but is not showing it,
then there're only 2 possibilities:
  • Current standard reason for added games not shown is using Kefir
    because having no linked account, but that's known everywhere.
  • Or the Switch isn't using this file but the original installed one.
Instead of Kefir: use LINKALHO: https://github.com/rdmrocha/linkalho

It's impossible get (S)NES Online run with mistakes.
If the Switch can't read a LayeredFS file it uses the original one (if existing).
If there are structure mistakes in the lclassics.titlesdb the app will crash at the beginning.
If it hangs at the red screen the lclassics.titlesdb is ok but files are missing.

I have an actual linked account already - I made my emunand from a linked sysnand that I use online, so it should work without LINKALHO?
Im sure my LayeredFS is correct - Its all in the right location that I can see? The title ID is correct for SNES online (I compared it with the title ID from exported saves in Checkpoint to be sure) and the database was made with the latest CAVE, so I have no idea.. Its like it cant see the LayeredFS, but I cant see any reason why not.
No hanging or crashing..

Link to image of my LayeredFS:

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No hanging or crashing..
Your account is always the same Sys or Emu makes no difference.
All locations seem to be correct.
/sxos/exefs_patches/SNES Online - Full Unlock/*.ips is correct, the second deeper exefs_patches folder seen in the pic isn't.
Even if the Full Unlock wouldn't work ... that has nothing to do
with added games not shown, added games would only crash after starting without it.

So I'm not sure myself sorry why it's not working.
Do you use a Mac ? That often causes problems with the file system I heard.
I never use Emunand, could be a reason perhaps, but I don't think so.

VOFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your account is always the same Sys or Emu makes no difference.
All locations seem to be correct.
/sxos/exefs_patches/SNES Online - Full Unlock/*.ips is correct, the second deeper exefs_patches folder seen in the pic isn't.
Even if the Full Unlock wouldn't work ... that has nothing to do
with added games not shown, added games would only crash after starting without it.

Yeah the second incorrect location was me just messing with it to see if it would work...

If you say my layeredFS is ok then I am kind of lost... I take it I cant ask someone else to share their working setup with me here either

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, I've written only my experiences, perhaps someone else can help.
Have you edited the lclassics.titlesdb yourself somehow ?
Wrong editor and the Switch can't read it and uses the original.

VOFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I've written only my experiences, perhaps someone else can help.
Have you edited the lclassics.titlesdb yourself somehow ?
Wrong editor and the Switch can't read it and uses the original.
No edits - only opened it to check the entry for Chrono Trigger was there, which it was :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0