Catherine is Atlus USA's biggest launch title ever.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
5Vb0u.jpg
A week after its release, Catherine has already become Atlus' biggest launch title ever. The game has shipped the most units at launch of any Atlus game in the company's history.

"Catherine has exceeded our highest expectations," said Tim Pivnicny, VP of Sales and Marketing at Atlus in a statement given to IGN. "It released last week to tremendous critical acclaim and fan response, bolstered by the release of a demo a couple weeks prior, and continues to generate discussion among fans for its mature themes, engrossing subject matter, and frantic, challenging gameplay.

"It is fitting, then, that Catherine can boast the largest launch in the 20-year history of Atlus, and continues to see strong sales at retail."

Atlus could not provide exact sales numbers at this time. Catherine launched in North America on July 26 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[/p]
icon11.gif
Via
icon11.gif
Source
Now Atlus USA needs to get on the phone to Japan and make them do a Persona for current gen before it's too late.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course everyone that bought it were 13 year old boys looking for fap material. [/sarcasm]

This is great news! Hopefully this will inspire Atlus to localize more games that can be considered "strange".

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
yeah that hasn't stopped them b4
only reason this game done well cos zomg it has bewbs in it!

--- end of line ---

Uh, no. If all a game needs was breasts, the Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball series would have been a smash hit. Catherine has the gameplay and story to back it up.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Goddamn, all of this talk of Catherine makes me want it so much...

Too bad it looks to be as hard as IWBTG.
Not really, unless you go on hard right at the start. For me I only needed to use a walkthough twice and I started on normal mode.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This was the first ATLUS game where I saw people in stores actually buying it. They seemed to know what the game was too, because they were also asking for the pre-order bonus and shit.

Makes me sad, because my copy still hasn't shipped from Amazon.ca yet.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ATLUS is one, if not the best out there and now i can't wait for Catherine demo then release to come out here in Europe :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello