Oh I just realized :rofl:

2. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    just please give me a NA physical of nocturne on switch please

3. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Gotta love it. Here's hoping we get all the Persona and SMT games in one place. :yay:

Peloisan likes this.
  4. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Easy. Many official and not so official ways, best being the xbox probably. While it's sad having to pay to play old games on the other 2 systems at least the switch is blown wide open in terms of unofficial ways.
    True. Luckily 3 exists.

Also Crazy Taxi HD Remaster on Switch & PC When (No, the awful PC ports on steam and from the 90s dont count)

5. Coyote_Mao

Coyote_Mao Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Honestly, that's too vague of a promise on SEGA's part. Can't get excited until I see an actual list of planned PC ports.

Peloisan likes this.
  6. Latiodile

Latiodile Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    i actually have no nostalgia for 3 since i never really played it. i played 2 a ton on my mom's old pc though

at least i still have the cd for the windows 95 version

7. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Really they should've said they're "looking into further Atlus ports," because Sega's been pretty good about porting most games that they personally have a hand in for years now. Sonic, Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles, PSO2, Dreamcast Collection, etc and so forth.

8. DS1

DS1 伝説のサラリーマン

United States
    Was just thinking about this.. as I played the original Outrun in an arcade within Yakuza 6 :/

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    is there a shitload of outrun games already?

outrun, turbo outrun,OutRunners ,outrun 2
    outrun 3d,battle out-run, outrun 2019,outrun europa,outrun 2006coast 2 coast and outrun online arcade.

i mean they havent named it 3 but they passed the third one long ago lol

10. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

United States
    i'm glad they realize that other platforms could be beneficial to success, but only time will tell if they are serious about porting games to pc.

11. CrossOut

CrossOut GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Sadly Sega have stated that the source code for the game has been lost. They would have to remake the game in a new engine like they did for the Nintendo Switch version of Panzer Dragoon.

Last edited by CrossOut, Aug 11, 2020
    Peloisan likes this.
  12. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    PERSONA 3 FES!

Maybe also the Persona Q duo? This time, with a translated English Q2? I dunno. Might see more success on PC than on 3DS, especially since Q2 was released in the handheld's dying days...

13. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll be very surprised if Q and Q2 get released on anything else. Same with Strange Journey (Redux) and Etrian Odyssey. It's extremely difficult to draw maps on PC. The games could be reworked to completely automap for you, I guess. That would change the feel of the games significantly, though, and at this point, I'm not sure if Sega can be bothered.

And PC does do quite well at running nearly every game released since the 360 (about 15 years or so). Controller support works on every game built around the 360 controller. Compatibility can go back further than that, but with 16-bit installers and more proprietary hardware drivers, it starts getting spotty, especially late 90s stuff. Even with those issues, we still have a way to play nearly everything ever made for PC. No console is ever going to have the legacy that we do.

14. jt_1258

jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    To be serious though...I think this proves that really is no contract or anything forcing them to stay playstation exclusive...I think they have genuinely thought all this time that it would only do well on there and nowhere else hence only releasing on playstation...

Peloisan likes this.
  15. Kurt91

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Look up "Project '06 - Demo 3.5" on YouTube. It's a fan-made Unity-based port of Sonic '06 with shorter loading times, as many fixed bugs as the developer can find, improved controls and adjusted/fixed abilities (Tails now has his spin attack from Adventure, Silver is able to lock-on to enemies when firing telekinesis projectiles as well as a psychic blast when he isn't holding a projectile so he isn't completely defenseless in such a situation), a huge number of optional tweaks regarding things such as animations, re-implemented dialogue during levels that was removed from the official game for unknown reasons, making levels feel more natural when progressing through them, level adjustments (For example, Flame Core provides a glowing ball of light to hint at the best route between the big purple spheres that all need to be activated), better character interactions (Tails and Knuckles directly accompany you Heroes-style in areas where it would make more sense, rather than characters appearing and disappearing from existence when the level requires switching between them, and the levels themselves adjusted to compensate) and cutscenes during levels have been improved so that they make more sense, (For example, the whale in Wave Ocean has more realistic movement and the gate has been altered so the whale wouldn't be able to just swim underneath.) and even the Mach Speed sections are adjusted to be made more forgiving. (Sonic takes a few steps back after damaging crashes to give the player more time to correct themselves, only head-on crashes deal actual damage now and minor bumps are harmless. If the player truly wants to feel completely out of control, skills like the Light Speed Dash are usable during Mach Speed to ramp up the speed even higher, with jumping physics that obey the higher speeds. That kind of insanity is fully voluntary, and if you aren't stupid enough to actually do it, it doesn't affect you in any way. It is amusing to build up ludicrous speeds and fly for miles with each jump, though.)

Demo 3.5 contains every single level in Sonic's story, not including boss battles or hub areas. Silver is playable in the levels that he appears in during Sonic's story, but he and Shadow do not have any of their stories implemented yet. (The developer has hinted that Shadow will be the next character that will be focused on.

16. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    Persona 3 is most likely next, but I don't know if they'll combine both versions into one or just a port of Portable or FES.

Peloisan and Xzi like this.
  17. ertre

ertre GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I believe that was already the plan to eventually port the entire series.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  18. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Kind of true, but it makes me wonder if that's the case why does anyone care about these old console properties being ported to PC? ...but then I remember what I consider a key difference between gamers who primarily play on PC versus console gamers (particularly when it comes to retro games), and it's the same thing as emulation versus real hardware - some of us just like to experience things the way they were originally designed; specific hardware limitations, a specific controller, etc versus those that want the convenience of everything available on one machine, using a single all purpose control scheme, etc... and some of us embrace all the options ;)

19. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    ...and yet, they've already announced porting what technically is the 7th game of the series when 3-6 haven't even been announced yet!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Phat PS3 with hardware PS2 BC gang rise up!

duwen likes this.
  20. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    Yeah and I dont think that Sega would spend the time and money to recreate it. Sad

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - focusing, platform, releases