Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
pspmod.jpg

I ordered the transparent housing off of DX, and it finally arrived Monday. It took me like 6 hours to finally get it done, partially because I found I couldn't actually use the backplate, so I ended up having to disassemble and reassemble the PSP twice (and I took a nap in between >>;).

The screw holes on the backplate are just a bit too small. I tried both the original screws, and the replacements... but the screws would not go more than about 3/4ths of the way in, and kept going in at an angle. This meant I was unable to actually use the back plate. I ended up using the replacement faceplate, buttons, UMD door, and battery cover. This still looks cool, but if I didn't have the option of using my original backplate I'd be up the creek without a paddle, 'ya know?

I'll make sure to note that in the review section of DX.

D

Deleted-273695

DX.
Good choice.
Ordered a DSLite replacement housing from them and it is expected to arrive in two days or so.
Anyway did you add LEDs or just have a clear case?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The transparent housing looks great, but the cases from DX are varying quality. If you ordered another, you'd probably find the screw holes were OK. I've done a couple of PSP cases over the years, and the quality varies widely even in the same batch.

It's just cheapo Chinese manufacturing for you. They work hard, but the quality control..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ihackedit said:
Anyway did you add LEDs or just have a clear case?Just clear. In fact I use my PSP to watch stuff as I go to sleep, so I might open it up and tape over the LEDs so they're not so bright (they're a lot more noticeable with a clear case).

QUOTE(lilsypha @ Apr 19 2011, 10:13 PM) The transparent housing looks great, but the cases from DX are varying quality. If you ordered another, you'd probably find the screw holes were OK. I've done a couple of PSP cases over the years, and the quality varies widely even in the same batch.

It's just cheapo Chinese manufacturing for you. They work hard, but the quality control..
I did find it odd that the screws for the faceplate were good for the most part (one of them wouldn't work right so I had to use one of the smaller screws for the top of the PSP from the replacement set).

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Looks great. =)

I did a case mod for my old 2000 too and it was fun. The UMD door, however... oh man, do I HATE replacing those. It's the WORST part...

I hate that part myself...Outta the three PSPs I hate I broke one of the UMDs doors.

But that looks pretty good Rydian...I wish I could take my casing mod I did a step futher

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On my old psp 1000 I had to do a full case replacement... I hated the UMD door... In the end my UMD reader broke so I just took that out and used it for storage. I wouldn't mind doing a case mod on my simpsons psp 2000 though...

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally: Meeeh.

But it's a well done job for sure
smile.gif

I'm intending on LED'ing my PSPGO's back plate for some cool TRON shizz.
biggrin.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Reminds me of my first ever Gameboy. Ah, the memories...

I would try to mod one of my many many systems, but given that I cocked up something as simple as replacing the battery in my old EZ Flash 3-1 (broke a connector) I don't think I should be let anywhere near a screwdriver. Bloody good job I changed my mind about going into the RAF as an engineer, eh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.