Hacking Case mod for my USB Hard Drive - Take a look.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've seen those Wii cases before, and scoffed that they were utterly useless... Boy was I wrong.
tongue.gif

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should connect the usb's power supply with the wii's, since it isn't a usb powered hd,but then what'll be the point in that?What you could do is find a usb power cable that fits into the back outlet of the hd and connect it to the wii, I remember seeing one of those on a laptop cooler,That could make it usb powered if it worked,but use up the 2 usb ports.
Btw this looks awesome, please post tutorial, I have everything even the fan now I just need step by step instructions.

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I got laid off and need cash. If any of you would like to buy this case/stand I'll sell it to you.

I can sell it with my 120 gig hdd in it (but I'd have to delete the games
wink.gif
wink.gif
) or pull my hard drive and just sell the modded case and power supply.

My email is [email protected] if you wanna send me an offer. I can accept paypal or snail mail payment. We can even do the transaction through e-bay if it makes you feel more secure.

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just the case?
you know now I wonder to myself after reading the cases review how is this portable if the wii can fall of, though I really want it and at the same time I'm thinking that I have the same setup, usb next to wii and it just doesn't look as pretty, yet its so awesome!

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I flipped the lid open and my kids played it... alot. It would get very warm to the touch but I wouldn't call it hot. I also have a 1TB My book for my Wii and it doesn't have a fan at all. I have a USB fan I planned to install in the bottom of it but I just haven't found the need to so I held off.

ModderFokker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got stand somewhere else as i remember i have a old hd enclosure lying around (with blue leds
biggrin.gif
)

Btw sell that enclosure premodified on ebay m8....youll make loads of cash
gbasp.gif

ThaKillerKlown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dinoguy said:
just the case?
you know now I wonder to myself after reading the cases review how is this portable if the wii can fall of, though I really want it and at the same time I'm thinking that I have the same setup, usb next to wii and it just doesn't look as pretty, yet its so awesome!

It is neat looking, there is no doubt about that.

ModderFokker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got stand somewhere else as i remember i have a old hd enclosure lying around (with blue leds
biggrin.gif
)

Btw sell those enclosures premodified on ebay m8....youll make loads of cash
yaynds.gif

Lollo93

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, it's so cool!!! I'd like to buy that stand, but i don't know if my external 3.5'' WD Elements 640GB will be contained in that space!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol