Car Audio Systems.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Tom Bombadildo, Apr 6, 2012.

Apr 6, 2012

Car Audio Systems. by Tom Bombadildo at 7:23 AM (572 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Howdy Temp, got a question for ya, and will hopefully get some advice as well...

What kind of Audio system you got in your car? High-quality? Stock crap? Subwoofers?

The reason I ask is my older bro recently got this $150-$200 subwoofer for free a while back and he's been showing it off ever since, and let me tell you...GREAT QUALITY >.

2. Zekrom_cool

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    Alpine iDA-X305 a high quality audio system in my car.

3. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I... honestly have no idea. I know that it was still the factory default for the car, and I haven't touched it since getting the car.

Music in the car is nice, sure, but I'd rather put the money elsewhere.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

pip
    United States
    Meh, I'm an angsty-teenager, so I can afford to waste money like this...Heh.

5. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When I was your age I had a car with a system in It but I mostly used It for high and trade school but I feel It's worth doing while you're still a young man because you may outgrow a car sound system later in life but at least you can have the experience now plus you could always resell your gear down the road If you wanted too. I had two 15 inch JBL's in a fabricated box with the plexy on one side and an Alpine V12 amp that pushed them hard enough to shake the side and rear view mirrors pretty major. I had to insulate my trunk though because It would rattle like crazy before I did that. I say go for It, get at least two 10 inch subs and a decent 2 channel at least amp and bump away.

6. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    I have a Sony unit which takes a USB drive (and CDs, for those who still use those...) and the four speakers that came with my car (2x front, 2x back) more than meets my requirements - personally I cannot see that point in having a sub powerful enough to alert the whole neighbourhood to your poor taste in music - but meh, others would say they cannot see the pont in spending X amount on gaming, each to their own I suppose.

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    If you're going to go for a system in your car, all you want to aim for is enough bass to make girls leave a wet spot in the passenger seat.

Target 333 hz.

1 person likes this.
  8. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

pip
    United States
  9. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

pip
    United States
    Friend of mine suggest these, I was told this thing bangs like a high-priced hooker for it's price, and I'm not looking for anything too fancy and this seems to fit the bill for what I want perfectly. Oh, and I drive this btw...2008 Chevy Aveo...terribly bright red color...can you imagine this rolling up somewhere, whole damn thing shaking? :D
    [​IMG]

10. SinHarvest24

Member SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Trinidad and Tobago
    Unavailable in my region, but i would love to see that vid.

OT: I don't personally own a car but when i do happen to own one i would go for enough bass to really enjoy the music but not so much as to 'show off' and there's always the possibility that someone knows that your car is packing, thereby increasing the possibility of theft. Personal enjoyment within the car is good enough for me, even if i had the money i wouldn't go for more.

11. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    In essence it says that the sound of the Maserati Quattroporte's engine (333 hz) was shown to raise the testosterone level in women 100% of the time.