capturing game problem, i dont have any clue!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by trigao, Sep 12, 2016.

1. trigao
    OP

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    hi guys

recently i bought a easycap to capture my old consoles (64, gc and wii) just for fun
    i know that easycap isnt a good card, but i dont want to be a youtuber or anything like that, its just for fun purpose

my problem is

gamecube and wii games runs smoothly in every program i used to capture the footage
    BUT THE N64 DONT!!!
    seriously... i've used 5 to 6 six different capture programs and the n64 footage is choppy and laggy

cant be a hardware issue due the gc and wii runs normally, neither my pc setup (see my sign) issue for the very same reason

somebody save me!!!!!! *smallville feelings*

thx

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Are you sure it is not the N64 being choppy and laggy? The N64 was not noted for a high frame rate in most games, especially some of the more fondly remembered Rare and Nintendo offerings, and if you are now on a nice LCD screen rather than a nice CRT it is not going to be good.

Not a lot you can do really. Some might say overclock the N64, some might be able to hack things to improve the situation and I can teach you some dark arts with video editing ( http://avisynth.org.ru/mvtools/mvtools2.html ) that might leave the footage more usable.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  4. trigao
    OP

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    i see... but in fact, when i watch through the TV(lcd) while record or not, is smooth as baby face
    only occours in the record footage, no mather what program i use

another capture device, maybe solve this problem?? like elgato game capture hd?

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I see your flag and recall that Brazil uses/used some horror of a mismash of NTSC and PAL and I don't know what Nintendo did in that territory as a result. I would still look closer at that.

I am surprised http://www.virtualdub.org/ failed though, usually you can smack it hard enough that it does something.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. trigao
    OP

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    not a problem at all... all my consoles are NTSC... the pal-m thing its a old stuff
    now every NTSC console works good here

i forgot test virtualdub.... soon i get home i'll check it

thank you for your attention and patience