Hacking Captain Rainbow Translation

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be on the begging side of things because I know how much Devs, hackers, translators and groups hate that but in light of the Fatal Frame 4 translation pack I had to have to ask...

"What are the chances that a translation team would be kind enough to translate Captain Rainbow?"

- If there is any other Japanese Wii game that deserves a translation this is the one. The chances of this game making it stateside are very slim and I and maybe some other people would like a chance to try this game out. If you are in support of a Captain Rainbow translation, please feel free to drop your two cents and show the community that there at people willing to try this game out
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
I'd love to see it seeing that Nintendo has abandoned the game.

Nintendo abandons anything that doesn't push a few million copies. I haven't seen any more pushing for a Wii Music sequel (Wii Music Plus with the WM+ might actually be very interesting).

The thing with Wii game translations is that they're incredibly scarce. I mean, we've got a menu translation of Monster Hunter Tri and the Fatal Frame 4 translation. Nothing else that I can think of.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently, Captain Rainbow is easy to hack. However, I would be VERY hesitant to touch Captain Rainbow without a translator with several years of experience, preferably in the gag anime or manga section, and another backup translator with some sort of professional writing career or the equivalent, who would also posses at least weak conversational Japanese. Parody and humour is the hardest thing to translate correctly. Lots of liberties need to be taken, but take them in the wrong direction and it’s just as bad as having puns about how we should be ignoring bugs or touch the sun (they make some sense in Japanese, but certainly not in English).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why USA sucks!! They dont bring something over that already released in Japan. The USA is such a baby and SELFISH!

EDIT: It doesnt matter since I have JAPAN version I found somewhere. It was cool!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TempusC said:
Apparently, Captain Rainbow is easy to hack. However, I would be VERY hesitant to touch Captain Rainbow without a translator with several years of experience, preferably in the gag anime or manga section, and another backup translator with some sort of professional writing career or the equivalent, who would also posses at least weak conversational Japanese. Parody and humour is the hardest thing to translate correctly. Lots of liberties need to be taken, but take them in the wrong direction and it’s just as bad as having puns about how we should be ignoring bugs or touch the sun (they make some sense in Japanese, but certainly not in English).

Maybe one of us could get in touch with someone from TV Nihon. They translate Animes and live action shows all the time. Im pretty sure someone there might be able to give you the support you would need for a CR translation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.