Capcom reveals what’s blocking Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Christian Svensson: "Still talking to SCEA and SCEE about it however there's been no progress at this time."

"They have to make exceptions to approve this sort of project in the West: one that runs on PS3 but doesn't have trophies or make use of regular PSN for online play... it uses a modification of adhoc party which doesn't exist in the West.

In short, it requires them to localize and launch SCEJ network services (which is development work and QA/support on their side) that don't currently exist in either territory and a release it from the usual platform requirements for trophies, etc. It's not trivial on Sony's part.

And we won't start the localization process until we know we can bring it out here (as much as I know you guys want it)."[/p]Source

Glad to know they want to localize it, sucks that they can't yet.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I would ever buy a monster hunter game is if it had trophies. Other wises it's nothing more than a shity hack and slash games. A very poor one at that. At least trophies would of added something to shoot for in this god-awful "game". Monster Hunter should be sold as 99 cent phone game or 4.99 dsiware. No thanks ripyouoffcom.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
chartube12 said:
The only way I would ever buy a monster hunter game is if it had trophies. Other wises it's nothing more than a shity hack and slash games. A very poor one at that. At least trophies would of added something to shoot for in this god-awful "game". Monster Hunter should be sold as 99 cent phone game or 4.99 dsiware. No thanks ripyouoffcom.
Have you played Monster Hunter for more than an hour?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
If it were sold that low we'd be ripping them off. Also, the reason people don't like it's cuz they go into it thinking it's a Hack and Slash, which is rather hilarious to watch.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
chartube12 said:

It should take no more than 45 mins to know if a game is shity. And yes I played the wii game for 2 hours and it was still crappy. I know the game is one those love/hate games. I can completely understand the hate. But why on earth people love the game, completely shocks me. The game doesn't even have special attacks or abilities like .hack or samurai warriors.

Void3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
prowler_ said:
chartube12 said:

It should take no more than 45 mins to know if a game is shity. And yes I played the wii game for 2 hours and it was still crappy. I know the game is one those love/hate games. I can completely understand the hate. But why on earth people love the game, completely shocks me. The game doesn't even have special attacks or abilities like .hack or samurai warriors.

It's one of those "grinding" games where you keep on playing just to get certain armors or rank ups but I guess you didn't play online.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
whatever or not is released in the west
i still will not play it
i don´t have the money to buy a ps3 XD

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:

I'm sorry a game can't be made more user-friendly for you since MH games have a deep learning curve. Please. Do go back to your samurai warriors or .hack games you speak of.

Reactions: Eighteen

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The learning curve for MH is almost literally a straight line. It's like running face first into a wall. It really takes dedication to "appreciate" it, and even then, it's a genre that's not really popular in America.

These things, along with the fact that Sony has to basically rework the entire adhoc infrastructure for the PS3, makes it a pain to localize. Hell, if it wasn't MH, Capcom wouldn't even bother with this stuff.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
Incidentally, I was able to tolerate Samurai Warriors for an hour and a half before shelving it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'm more of a Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Sengoku Basara and Monster Hunter man...though I don't know why Chartube put .//Hack in there, it's not even like SW or Monster Hunter.

I also don't know why we're still talking about this.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
prowler_ said:
chartube12 said:

How dare you! Noobs these days man! i swear to them if its not a FPS it sucks! just because its hard at first doesnt mean it sucks! it takes practice and patience

Reactions: Eighteen

dryo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok first of all to the guy from the last post...chill,I know, we know, we get it, americans want boobs,flashy stuff...which means boobs again,and shiny abilities so you can gather up to 999 hit combo evreytime you jerk off to those boobs in any single fucking game, thou I don't mean to generalize,but that's reality, the game in a way encourages to play with friends,the thing is..America is a "every ppl bubble country" so if you're close to someone else at at least 10 inchs from you, they´ll get freaked out and probably sue you for being a pedo/stalker/weabo/fag anti consumerism basterd,so yeah, what capcom doesn't get it's that an online version of the game(Korean version of MHFO),free to play will encougarge that...for the same reason I explained before,iof you still don't understand, the online version of the game will solve the problem,then after that capcom found another issue, after waiting 5 years to think about it, the graphics and hit boxes became old,mening that americans would probably dump the shit just because of the graphics...which is gonna be explained on the next paragraph.

Here's america most played games: Black ops, football,basketball,World of warcraft, and whatever "I want it now here in my pants" kinda game and Duke nukem forever actually wasn't ment to sell big,the game development finished 3 years ago,3d realms eagerly explained that Duke nukem was actually a satire of "the typical american badass" and explaining how ridiculous and simple minded americans can be pointing out ID software games from the early 90's,since all the games from id software...do that,well..I think you got the idea.

To summarize evreything,that was a market research that could be done by capcom therefore getting at a conclusion that, Monster Hunter for 3ds will bore you to hell if you don't get your tits,big flashy boobs,babes,blades and...boobs in MH 3ds. and your "over 9000 youtube evolution RWJ special combo finish " you american...wont buy it.

And that's what Capcom of japan thinks about Americans.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dryo said:
ok first of all to the guy from the last post...chill,I know, we know, we get it, americans want boobs,flashy stuff...which means boobs again,and shiny abilities so you can gather up to 999 hit combo evreytime you jerk off to those boobs in any single fucking game, thou I don't mean to generalize,but that's reality, the game in a way encourages to play with friends,the thing is..America is a "every ppl bubble country" so if you're close to someone else at at least 10 inchs from you, they´ll get freaked out and probably sue you for being a pedo/stalker/weabo/fag anti consumerism basterd,so yeah, what capcom doesn't get it's that an online version of the game(Korean version of MHFO),free to play will encougarge that...for the same reason I explained before,iof you still don't understand, the online version of the game will solve the problem,then after that capcom found another issue, after waiting 5 years to think about it, the graphics and hit boxes became old,mening that americans would probably dump the shit just because of the graphics...which is gonna be explained on the next paragraph.

Here's america most played games: Black ops, football,basketball,World of warcraft, and whatever "I want it now here in my pants" kinda game and Duke nukem forever actually wasn't ment to sell big,the game development finished 3 years ago,3d realms eagerly explained that Duke nukem was actually a satire of "the typical american badass" and explaining how ridiculous and simple minded americans can be pointing out ID software games from the early 90's,since all the games from id software...do that,well..I think you got the idea.

To summarize evreything,that was a market research that could be done by capcom therefore getting at a conclusion that, Monster Hunter for 3ds will bore you to hell if you don't get your tits,big flashy boobs,babes,blades and...boobs in MH 3ds. and your "over 9000 youtube evolution RWJ special combo finish " you american...wont buy it.

And that's what Capcom of japan thinks about Americans.
Actually both .//Hack and Samurai Warriors are more popular in Japan and moreover, clearly you haven't been anywhere else in the world because people like boobs, people like Call of Duty, people like WoW, people like football, and while I'm not necessarily into any of those things but the first, it holds true for the entire world, so why don't you stop generalizing and actually meet Americans or actually listen to Japan's collective opinion on America before you start generalizing and sounding like a dick, okay?

Also, your flag says Mexico, that makes you American too.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Off topic question: is it me or is Monster Hunter getting more popular outside Japan now?

Anyway, at least capcom tried to release it out of Japan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)