Capcom is reportedly developing a 'Resident Evil 3' remake

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Nov 22, 2019.

1. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    No mate I hav no idea what yr trying to get at - my post was very simple and easy to understand the resident evil series started on playstation and helped in a big way the name the brand is today - you wouldn't hav the remakes today if it wasn't for playstation :D

2. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    You got a reply in before I was finished editing. But I'll tell you what I'm getting at.

1) RE games have always been multi-platform
    2) You referenced multi-games, then proceeded to state we aren't talking about any other games.

3. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    But let's be honest the series has always been made priority first to playstation

4. HylianBran

HylianBran Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    United States
    This is good considering RE3 doesn't get too much attention, I think this might help.

5. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    LOL! Deflections to my actual points. This is getting nowhere. Enjoy your weekend. :)

6. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    As yr points are not making any sense to me lol the only reason I mentioned playstation in first post is because back in day with nintendo 64 capcom realised the playstation could achieve bigger things with games like resident evil and I'm not knocking nintendo 64 as they had great games and we all luv nintendo games I'm just stating resident evil when mentioned everyone will look back in history and say playstation thts it- also enjoy yr weekend with some resident evil games :D

7. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    And please,make it the Way like Resident Evil 2 was.Please no more new Experiments....:)
    Thank you.:)

index.jpg

Last edited by alexander1970, Nov 22, 2019
  8. Draxikor

Draxikor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    Mexico
    RE2 remake was a experiment too i mean way different from the original, i guess everything will be different in 3 too.

alexander1970 likes this.
  9. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you.:)
    I have changed my contribution accordingly.:D

Draxikor likes this.
  10. Draxikor

Draxikor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    Mexico
    Certainly CAPCOM say this game wasn't a remake and more like a "reimagin" so i guess is fair.

11. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Enough with an argument about 6 years old or something like that. This is about release game. Want to argument about it ? Make a new thread somewhere else. Please go back to the topic, will you ?

Anyway... Sighing... *ahem* I don't mind for Dino Crisis remake too because I hadn't tried PSX version. Don't liked PSX's graphics due too much pixel blocks like Dino Crisis and Resident Evil series, lol.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Nov 22, 2019
    Rahkeesh and alexander1970 like this.
  12. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    Maybe we will see something at the game awards? I doubt it though

13. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Well said apart from psx graphics lol I think you should play the game and appreciate what we had back in the day - try it load it up and giv it an hour and then decide whether to continue

Draxikor likes this.
  14. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Thank you.

Unfortunately. I was about 20 years old when Resident Evil 1 released for PSX. Disliked it before and never liked it today. Thank you but I know and Mega Man X4-X6 graphic looks much better than Resident Evil 1-3 graphics to be honest but Remastered and remake make me happy to play them to complete all series. :bow::)

Draxikor likes this.
  15. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    But if you was 20 surly you knew playstation at the time was groundbreaking stuff never seen before games like this - what did you play instead then

16. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Of course. I enjoyed PS1 which was groundbreaking stuff. I enjoyed many other games for PS1 and Resident Evil series was first I got my eye son and absolutely loved it but the graphics wasn't impressive. I have seen some games looks so much better in graphics for PS1 than Resident Evil series for PS1. Again, Resident Evil series was first and most popular and I gave it a tried and I enjoyed it a lot but eyesore for the graphics, to be honest, lol. I thought they should do much better with it in the past but oh well.. :)

17. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Can't you make up your own challenges instead of having them dictated for you?

I will spare the further rant about how much I think trophments are an awful "innovation" that does more harm than good as I have done that before.

Draxikor likes this.
  18. DbGt

DbGt GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2004
    Mexico
    I played it when i was about 13, and i had my ps with a modchip, so it was a pirate copy of RE3

19. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Trophies are one of the most fun things added to games and of course gamers don't need to go them so it's a win win - if nintendo switch games had a trophy system I'd be playing and buying more nintendo games and thousands of gamers agree with this and it's shocking how they hav no system considering the collectibles and challenges ther games hav - it adds value to the game as you play it longer to achieve them so I can't see any negative thing about it

20. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I find it lazy design, unrewarding for gameplay, it frustrates mods and cheats and more besides. If I dev wants to add easter eggs, set some challenges (I quite like the original borderlands exp bonuses for various things here) and other encourage certain play styles others might not have considered there are far better ways to do it.

Draxikor likes this.