shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
street fighter has always been great even if one says it was milked. dude if the company doesnt release games they're gonna go down. if they release a very HQ game then they will end up like la noire.
look at AC and batman. both are great games but since AC2 the work has been going down probably bcz its getting difficult to balance cost with quality as they HAVE to release a game every year. look at batman, 2 games in many years and its great in quality but how much does it get in profit? look at CoD and all the other titles... its not about milking but releasing whatever they can that is sellable

i have liked SF more than tekken bcz its similar and more fun. but when these come out together, it means its like a game of ryu v ken (or whoever wins on gamefaqs) and it will definitely rock

so many things to say... (yay for no post limits).

why not on 3ds and wiiu, probably bcz they had to come to an agreement that it will be released on the big consoles and the PC and infact those systems that SF and tekken is famous on which are the above listed including the PC.
i think the 3ds and wiiu just didnt help them enough for this game plus devpt costs.

finally, this topic should have read, Capcom "states" why SF X tekken...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Not a fighting game

This made me lol. Dismissal with no explanation is the easiest way to lose an argument. It may not be your "typical" fighting game, but it is a fighting game nonetheless. In fact, because it is different is a reason in its own that it has merit. I used to love to play fighting games back in the SNES days, but that has since changed as I have seen very little difference in how the "typical" fighting game have evolved. Smash Bros at least tried to add some spice by moving away from the regular overused formula.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This made me lol. Dismissal with no explanation is the easiest way to lose an argument. It may not be your "typical" fighting game, but it is a fighting game nonetheless. In fact, because it is different is a reason in its own that it has merit. I used to love to play fighting games back in the SNES days, but that has since changed as I have seen very little difference in how the "typical" fighting game have evolved. Smash Bros at least tried to add some spice by moving away from the regular overused formula.

Not saying the game is bad, I love Smash Bros. to death, but to compare it to a fighting game like Street Fighter, it's not. If anything, it's a multiplayer brawler. Great game and everything, but I hardly consider it a fighter.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Not saying the game is bad, I love Smash Bros. to death, but to compare it to a fighting game like Street Fighter, it's not. If anything, it's a multiplayer brawler. Great game and everything, but I hardly consider it a fighter.

I don't see why not - you have (somewhat) health bars, combos, conditions of a ring-out. It's a fighter. A different approach to it, but a fighter none the less.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Back on the original topic, that's a really vague answer. Might just be simple hardware limitations and laziness to downgrade the models.

What hardware limitations? Every source I've read says the Wii U blows the PS3 and 360 out of the water. The only reason they're not going to release Street Fighter x Tekken on the Wii U is because it'll be out too late, so they'd rather just port Super Street Fighter x Tekken to it instead and charge more for it because it's "next-gen" (jazz hands). As for a 3DS version, I don't even see why anyone would want that. It could handle it, just like it handled Super Street Fighter IV 3D, but I don't get why anyone would want a fighting game on a handheld. I'd much rather Capcom spent their money developing games on the 3DS that people actually want.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
What hardware limitations? Every source I've read says the Wii U blows the PS3 and 360 out of the water. The only reason they're not going to release Street Fighter x Tekken on the Wii U is because it'll be out too late, so they'd rather just port Super Street Fighter x Tekken to it instead and charge more for it because it's "next-gen" (jazz hands). As for a 3DS version, I don't even see why anyone would want that. It could handle it, just like it handled Super Street Fighter IV 3D, but I don't get why anyone would want a fighting game on a handheld. I'd much rather Capcom spent their money developing games on the 3DS that people actually want.
I was speaking only about the 3DS not having that game. Even Kid Icarus Uprising has a downgraded model of Pit from SSBB so it obviously can't use the same models the PS3/PSV/360 versions have..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They'll probably release "Super Street Fighter X Tekken With Added Touch" in 2013 instead.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Capcom might not want to say it because they don't want to anger fanboys, but they know bringing a game like this to the Wii is a waste of time.
these types of game don't sell on nintendo consoles.
MadWorld sold about 390,000 units in America, Muramasa only 260,000. Red Steel 2 and The Conduit, both first-person shooter games, arguably the most popular genre right now, both only sold about 270,000 in America each, high profile sequels, such as the Conduit 2, barely sell 50,000 worldwide. Even more scary to them is when members of their core franchises, such as Metroid: Other M, can only push 550,000 units in America.
titles like Just Dance 2, Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort continue to sell like hotcakes in North America. Not to say that those titles are bad, far from it. It's just showing Nintendo that the market for the Wii remains a very casual-oriented one.

source: http://gamrfeed.vgch...i-games-we-are/
​

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Um, lolwut? I'm pretty sure I saw some 3DS trailers of SF x Tekken a few months back... Did something change?

EDIT: Oh, I see. I saw trailers for Tekken Prime 3D edition. But I do hope SFxTekken comes out for 3DS >_

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo is for excercise, virtual pets and mario games, pffft not fighters (although tatsunoko vs capcom was one of the best, along with ssbb)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't see why not - you have (somewhat) health bars, combos, conditions of a ring-out. It's a fighter. A different approach to it, but a fighter none the less.
yes it has all of these however its still not considered a real fighting game, takes little to no skill to win a match, all the characters are unbalanced

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes it has all of these however its still not considered a real fighting game, takes little to no skill to win a match, all the characters are unbalanced

That's not an argument - that's critique. Lack of balance is not a trait corresponding to a genre, it's a fault. It's a different kind of apple, which doesn't make it a pear.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
@Guild I actually like shooter *better* on a DS than on a PSP and on a Wii better than on the 360/PS3 - it's a matter of taste.

As for the topic, "Why" would be "Tekken" in the title. The only Tekken game that ever came out on a Nintendo system, correct me if I'm wrong, is Tekken Advance, and only because the PSP wasn't out at that time. It's a Sony Flagship, their Airforce One of fighting games, and they have no reason whatsoever to release it for Nintendo consoles, since they're the only competition on the handheld market.
lol, you seem to be forgetting Tekken Prime 3D. You know, that one with full 60FPS in both 2D and 3D mode, bundled with a full CGI 3D Tekken film. What was that you were saying again?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
It just Capcom hinting that they want that opportunity to put on the 3DS; screw that! Where's my next Megaman ZX sequel Capcom!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout