Hacking Can't see Lameboy icon on main menu.

MST3KPIMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed the 4 lameboy files into the dsplugin directory and I got it working but on the main menu there is no cute gameboy icon like there is when i navigate to the dsplugin folder. Instead I see a question mark icon. How can I make the GB icon appear in the main menu? thanks

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, DSTWO plugins have to be made specifically for the DSTWO.

If I were you, I'd just put those files somewhere else on your MicroSD, and run them like you would a normal DS game.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, they don't have to be specially made

what do you mean by 4 lameboy files? you should have a *.nds, a *.ini, and a *.bmp all in the _dstwoplug folder and all with the exact same name

and you have to make sure to open the .ini and make sure that it's linking to the correct .bmp as well

example lameboy.ini:
Code:
[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/lameboy.bmp
name=Lameboy

MST3KPIMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
no, they don't have to be specially made

what do you mean by 4 lameboy files? you should have a *.nds, a *.ini, and a *.bmp all in the _dstwoplug folder and all with the exact same name

and you have to make sure to open the .ini and make sure that it's linking to the correct .bmp as well

example lameboy.ini:
Code:
[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/lameboy.bmp
name=Lameboy

yes this is my exact setup. the fourth file was a 'thumbs.db' prob a hidden file. i tried removing it but still no change
i wonder why i get the question mark icon if others dont?

MST3KPIMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aha! i figured it out.. i renamed my lameboy0.1.2.nds to just lameboy.nds now the icon shows.. i wonder why the source i dled it from renamed it?

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently downloaded this plugin from the gbawiki.

I got 3 files, the lameboynds file, and a "changelog" and "readme" file. No bmp or ini files...?

I post this because I'm not getting the gameboy icon either. Just the question mark icon.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got 3 files, the lameboynds file, and a "changelog" and "readme" file. No bmp or ini files...?

I post this because I'm not getting the gameboy icon either. Just the question mark icon.
You only downloaded the program, the plugin files are in a separate download.

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You are the man.

I didn't see the plugin files where the lameboy links were in the wiki. Either that or I didn't look hard enough. thank you.

JaceyFountain

Trophies
XP

Hi, newbie here. I downloaded the lameboy program from http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=5597 and the "separate download" from http://www.mediafire.com/?vp7iimdjb5u1nyt (as referenced by Terminator02), but I still don't have a .ini file. From the first download (just the program), I have a Changelog, a ReadMe, and the lameboy.nds file, from the second download I got the bitmap and Configuration Settings. But still no .ini file

Could I just create a file with a name identical to the .nds file, but with the .ini extension? That doesn't seem like it would work, since there would be no information on it....

Please help! Trying to get a dstwo card set up for my bf for Christmas! He's never used any emulators, flash carts, etc. either, so he wouldn't be able to figure this stuff out either.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...