PS1/2 Cant save time on my PlayStation 2 slim...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Last edited by migles,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
yeah, if a console does have a clock, it always have a battery to keep it running otherwise how does a device knows the time? (unless the clock is updated via an internet connection and the deviceis always "in the grid")
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+2+Slimline+Clock+Battery+Replacement/19959
Battery is not there. Thats the reason im asking because i dont know the location of batery (if it has one) if it has battery i want to know where it is. I tont want to take apart my ps2 without knowing first.
My model is scph-70040 PAL

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Battery is not there. Thats the reason im asking because i dont know the location of batery (if it has one) if it has battery i want to know where it is. I tont want to take apart my ps2 without knowing first.
My model is scph-70040 PAL
there is a battery.
i am not sure where it is located (did ya check the pictures in the link, take appart your ps2) your battery may be in a slight different position because there had been a lot of revisions on the playstation consoles... but there is not a really significant difference..
you may want to desolder the wires from the battery to solder to a new one or something, because sony used this "special" package instead of a generic batery holder..
some people just cut the wires, tape them to the new coin battery, and wrap the thing with duct tape..
you can also try to buy a battery with the conetor already solded..

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: Metoroid0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1