Can't read discs after installing GC Backup Launcher

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by J-Factor, Feb 8, 2009.

1. J-Factor
    OP

Newcomer J-Factor Newbie

Australia
    After installing the GC Backup Launcher my Wii can no longer read any discs: legitimate, backup, GC or Wii. The official disc channel doesn't recognise any games. The Backup Launcher displays "Disc read error: 324". I believe the GC Backup Launcher has a different error code - "Disc read error: 345". I've tried removing the MIOS patch, downgrading/upgrading the system menu (I was running 3.2E) and just generally reinstalling everything without luck.

The problem started after I loaded a backup of "F-Zero GX (E) (1.01)". It loaded fine and showed Nintendo/Sega logos before displaying a black error screen. I turned off my Wii and turned it back on and that's when I discovered I could no longer read discs.

The drive seems to just make clicking noises without spinning the disc up. Is this a hardware problem or can someone provide any help? Should I try updating to 3.4E officially? Sorry if I've done something wrong and it has nothing to do with the GC Backup Launcher.

Thanks.

2. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    if u have pre loader installed remove all the hacks same with starfall

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Thats scary because i tried the same game and it froze on the nintendo and sega logo screen (tried all combinations of booting and mios) however it didn't give me a read error nor cause me any harm.

4. J-Factor
    OP

Newcomer J-Factor Newbie

Australia
  5. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    If you have an ISO of a wii game on the PC use WiiScrubber to extract the MIOS WAD