nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
odja said:
I know that my Wii is dead, my question is: How properly install IOS60 or CIOS60?

Run dop-IOS, scroll to IOS60, install the most recent version of IOS60 and say yes to patching the sig hash check.

Edit: If you have preloader installed beforehand, then this may corrupt your system menu, but fixing it is just a matter of reinstalling preloader.

odja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
YES!!
Dear nabster92 this is my fault!! I don't do it :dop-IOS that i need before i try "repair". I panic when i see bad boot screen on WII, and i don't reinstal Preloader..Thanks Very Much!!!

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have another error that just poped up =(
Sometimes, when I try to load my games (such as my super nintendo games) it says this channel cannot be played ,or something like that, but does anyone know why?
Please and thanks for all you wii wizards

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
when that happens it means your playing a region game not supported on your wii like pal on ntsc. you need to use a program called: freethewads to make it region free. hope you know how to use dos
tongue.gif

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Blade! I didn't know that... I thought pal meant play all region... But whatever >.<
Thanks again! I'll look that up and check how to use it. Thanks again!
KEvin

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arghhh, been experimenting with freethewads and it doesn't seem to work on some game files (Mainly, the ones I can't play. Here's a pic of what happens to one of the ones I tried to free:

http://i30.tinypic.com/2m3k87o.jpg

As always, every input has been appreciated! I feel like I am almost done trying to get these wads to work...Just a bit more work. Please help! and thanks!
-Kevin
(Sorry I won't respond soon b/c of bedtime, but thanks again!)

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Just want to ask, and not open the own topic, when i update to 4,1 and use the cios 60 can i install a wad onto the wii, then coppy the chanel to the sd card. And after that uninstall the wad anbd still play it from the sd?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
minos55 said:
Just want to ask, and not open the own topic, when i update to 4,1 and use the cios 60 can i install a wad onto the wii, then coppy the chanel to the sd card. And after that uninstall the wad anbd still play it from the sd?

NO, if the channel is on the SD uninstall is not possible

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
so if i copy it to the sd it still has to stay on the wii? Where is the point in the sd menu then if you still have to have it on the wii and use the space on the wii for it?

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
need some punctuation marks to make that sentence to make more sense, but I think you shouldn't "copy" but rather "move" it if you want to get it off the wii and into the SD card and vice versa

(P.S. I also tried the renaming thing and it doesn't work
cry.gif
I am so confused...) It just says "cannot open file freethewads"... Do you think I got an outdated freethewads exe program?) It works on some...but not all...

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HAha, nice grammer fixation. If you want to get it off the SD, I suppose you can probably delete it from the wii channel. Then move it from the SD card into the wii and then delete the file to completely get rid of it.
Also, I was able to get it to work! The freethewads! I looked up a different set of instructions and downloaded the one on gbatemp. It told me to drag it instead of typing so...that may have helped or it could've have just better a better version of the patch. Either way, I am a happy man. Thanks everyone for your kind help!

Now my last experiment is....will I have to delete and reinstall all my wads... =(

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
minos55 said:
so if i copy it to the sd it still has to stay on the wii? Where is the point in the sd menu then if you still have to have it on the wii and use the space on the wii for it?
sorry for my english

I meant if i for example move my instaled wad from the wii to the sd, will that free up the room that the wad took on the wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi