Can't play Dissidia since I installed CFW

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by TheWave, Sep 24, 2009.

Sep 24, 2009
  1. TheWave
    OP

Newcomer TheWave Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Yeah, so I have Dissidia (the actual umd, no iso, EU version). It worked fine since I had OFW 5.55. Today I installed CFW 5.00 M33-6, and now it won't start. If I start Dissidia, the psp logo comes, screen goes black, and then it quits itself giving the error that it can't start the game. Why is this and how can I play Dissidia?

2. spectral

spectral Newbie

you'll need to download ans use a patched iso. Unpatched dissidia needs the newer firmware you previously had.

3. Sinistral89

Member Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Patched? The iso I have is not patched at all. And it works perfectly on my psp with 5.00 M33-6

4. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
  5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It's your games version. The US dump of Dissidia is playable on 5.00, however the EU version requires 5.55 and thus cannot be played on a CFW PSP.

Edit...or if indeed that patch works, patch it! [​IMG]

6. TheWave
    OP

Netherlands
    Ugh, that sucks.... Well, thanks for the help!

7. TheWave
    OP

Netherlands
    Okay, so I copied the .ISO from the UMD to my PC. As soon as I tried to open it with the patch program nIxx provided, I get a "Choosen ISO file size is NOT the same requested by this rip kit" error. Yet if I compare the ISO size with the size in the info tab, it's exact the same size. Why does this happen? Did I do something wrong?

8. xist

United Kingdom
    Well given that the patch isn't plastered all over the web, i'd be doubtful of it's authenticity. If it doesn't work, maybe it never did.

9. Spawk

Newcomer Spawk Member

Canada
    your best bet would be to get a hold of the us version and play from it... (starting the game over because your save data wouldn't work anymore!)

10. TheWave
    OP

Netherlands
    Well ****, that sucks hard. And I don't want to start all over, since I'm almost through the story with wasting a lot time.... I guess I'll have to wait for a CFW 5.55 or higher update.....

11. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Hmmmm i had the same problem. so ill have to patch mine too.

12. nanika

Member nanika 文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。

United States
    There is an edited fixed version out by espalpsp which can be played on 5.00 M33-6, and uses European save files. You'll have to find it yourself though, since I don't think I'm allowed to post any links. Another option would be to just upgrade to 5.55 when you want to play Dissidia, then reinstall CFW after you finish... although the swapping of firmware could get annoying after a while...

13. TheWave
    OP

Netherlands
    Found it, and even though I don't understand Spanish, I think it's indeed a patched version. Downloading now, lets see if it's working..... If so, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Also, I could switch flashing firmware everytime, yes, but the thing is, I borrowed the pandora battery from someone, so I can't reflash the CFW by myself.

14. xist

United Kingdom
    If you purchased your own Pandora you could leave your PSP on OFW and make a DCv8 MMS to use for this purpose. When you wanted to use CFW instead of flashing it you could use the Test M33 option in DCv8 with your Pandora. To use OFW you'd just use your regular battery as it wouldn't trigger the MMS functions. That's what i'd suggest rather than repeated re-flashes, until a CFW solution appears.

15. TheWave
    OP

Netherlands
    And you're telling me that now. ~_~
    Oh well, that doesn't matter. It's just one game that needs a higher firmware than 5.00, and I don't see any games I want that need firmware 5.00+. So just fixing this game, and then I'll be satisfied for a long while.

16. TheWave
    OP

Netherlands
    Mkay, I downloaded the Dissidia fix game from *durrrrrp* , and it's working! It's a huge file, even when it's compressed, and it loads a little slower because of the compression. But it's not much more (just half of the normal load time more), and it IS working! The extra space and load time is surely worth being able to play it again. Thanks a ****ing lot Nanika!

17. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    DON'T POST ROM SITES.

Seriously, how hard is this rule? Everywhere you go, every site has the same one: DON'T POST ROM SITES.

18. Spawk

Newcomer Spawk Member

Canada
    If the file is .cso then you could always use umdgen 4.0 or YACC (yet another cso compressor) and decompress it back to .iso format. this is assuming that memory card space isn't an issue or anything, but this might help with the load times.

19. Kreatur84

Member Kreatur84 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    the usa version of dissidia works on 5.0 m33
    the eur. version of dissidia works with the ripkit from nix.
    it must be an iso . when the size is wrong,just open dissidia with umd gen,then save it and it should work.
    if you have win7 you must open your closed folders. (ordnerfreigabe) or open the ripkit as admin.

20. TheWave
    OP

Netherlands
    I thought it only applied to links to roms sites and not names?
    Oh well, I'll think of it next time.