Hacking Can't load Undub Disgaea DS

IcehorneT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I try to load The undubbed Disgaea DS (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=106618&st=15) but noting happened but the black screen. I had tried every mode of loading but don't worked. Do anyone have a resolve?

Another thing some of games(FF III, FF IV, DQ V) when they save, they will generate a new save file every time. So in the game folder there are many save files with the same name. After a week all the save files don't work anymore, so I have to play it form the start again. Do they happen because the game piracy hack protect?

I use DSi, Acekard2i with AKAIO1.41 and the latest loader.

Thank you
ps. Sorry for my bad English.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Errr.... Your memory card is probably getting corrupted, with more blocks becoming corrupted as time goes on.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
the save files being corrupted is definately not normal.. but I just tried the disgaea and you're right it doesnt work. You probably need to arm7 patch it after ur done.

schn3id3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any solution for this problem? Some spanish users have translated the game to spanish and used the US rom version to undub it and put japanese voices.

In Acekard it does not work... and it is for sure because of the same problem posted here!!!

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
It isnt such a severe problem, but If theres enough people who need this normatt will probably fix it in the loader...

schn3id3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, but what I have not found is how to run this rom... I have to do something? Apply arm7 pathc? Push and keep pushing A button during rom load?

In fact, nobody owning an acekard can run this rom version... maybe there are not so many people who want to play this game in this way, but ...

Thanks for your quick reply.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Try an arm9 patch, It's the most likely viable solution imo. I havent got time to fix it but try replacing both ARM7 and ARM9 from the clean rom, and see what happens.

schn3id3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used "arm7_injector" using the original rom as source for the patch but the black screen is still there... I don't know how to manually inject arm9 to the rom...
frown.gif

I don't know if it is allowed, but you can try it if you want downloading the translated one from this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OIHNBFVB

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because it's the spanish ver? Anyone have the english undubbed version, because I can find it anywhere? A PM would be fine.

EDIT: I also get a black screen.

schn3id3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not the spanish version: it is a spanish translation from the the US undub disgaea ds version... In fact, there is another rom translated but with the english voices and it runs perfectly in acekard...

After searching, I am concerned that the problem is the same as posted here: insert japanese voices in the US rom does not work with acekard I don't know why
frown.gif

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
1.)Get DSLazy,
2.)open up the clean rom, unpack it.
3.) take the arm7.bin and arm9.bin files from the rom, and copy them to ur desktop or something.
4.)open up the modified rom, unpack it.
5.)replace the arm7.bin and arm9.bin files with the ones from the clean rom.
6.)Pack the rom, and check if it works.

@schn3id3r: I dont think that should be the problem. Translation patches work pretty well in general and stuff, so it should be something else.

schn3id3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try this procedure this evening, and post results.

Maybe the insertion of japanese voice increments the rom size, so acekard firm expects this rom to be of a defined size using some game code and, as it does not match, it does not run correctly... I don't know exactly how does it works, but it is at least curious that it works well when the translation is applied to the original USA rom but does not work when the translation is implemented within the undubbed disgaea USA rom...

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, I just tried my bleach - dark souls undub as well as the naruto ninja council 4 undub which came out just then.

Both worked.

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kingfield said:
1.)Get DSLazy,
2.)open up the clean rom, unpack it.
3.) take the arm7.bin and arm9.bin files from the rom, and copy them to ur desktop or something.
4.)open up the modified rom, unpack it.
5.)replace the arm7.bin and arm9.bin files with the ones from the clean rom.
6.)Pack the rom, and check if it works.

@schn3id3r: I dont think that should be the problem. Translation patches work pretty well in general and stuff, so it should be something else.
I tried two procedures and non of them worked.
First, I just replaced:

arm7.bin
arm9.bin

and got a black screen.

Then I replaced:

arm7.bin
arm9.bin
voice.dat
voice.dat.tbl
msgvo.dat
msgvo.dat.tbl
song.dat
song.dat.tbl

and still got a black screen

schn3id3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done the complete procedure and no solution. Unpacked disgaea ds USA rom, unpacked the undubbed rom, replaced arm7.bin and arm9.bin and packed it back again.
Copied to Acekard and black screen
frown.gif

Edit: Just one thought. When I used dslazy, the original rom was unpacked quickly... then, when I unpacked the undubbed and translated one, it froze. I needed to unpack it manually using ndstool... extrange, isn't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!