Can't Load GameCube Game Onto Drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ReeseDietrich2, Aug 13, 2012.

Aug 13, 2012
  1. ReeseDietrich2
    OP

Newcomer ReeseDietrich2 Newbie

United States
    So I have been trying to figure out how to load a GameCube ISO onto a USB drive (32GB FAT32 format). Every time I try to load OOT: Master Quest onto the drive with Wii Backup Manager it says it got added in 0 seconds and the name of the file appears in red right beneath it. I'm sure this has been asked before but I don't fell like searching any longer for it. I would like to know if there is a way to put GameCube games onto the drive with WBM, if it's even possible. Or if there is a program that will do it. (I want to play it on USB loader 3.0 with DM compatibility.

Thanks

EDIT: Well I got USB loader 3.0 to see the game and start it up (OOT: Mater Quest) and it goes to the GameCube symbol with DIOS MIOS under it.. and then it crashes.

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    you dont need to use WBM to transfer to usb.
    Just drag & drop the file to your usb on your computer. needs to be in usb/games/ folder to work.

3. ReeseDietrich2
    OP

United States
    Oh hahaha that makes sense :P

So I can put any games onto the USB card GameCube and Wii? and do they both go into the same folder ( usb/games/)?

4. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No.
    WBM is for Wii games ONLY. Hence the name Wii Backup Manager.
    GC games can drag and drop to games folder in root of USB, although, they should be converted first, using GameCube ISO Compress, fstfix, DiscEX or GCReEX......
    And, make sure your usb is formatted to FAT32, use FAT32 GUI Formatter.

5. ReeseDietrich2
    OP

United States
    Thanks for all your help but for some reason a few Japanese Wii games I have won't work unless my USB drive is WBFS.... So i guess I'll just have to launch GameCube games off my SD card..

EDIT: Well the game runs off an extra USB 4GB drive I had and it turns out that OOT: Master Quest doesn't work past the game selection screen!! :P