Question Can't launch installed games anymore

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by chuk2020, Oct 16, 2019.

1. chuk2020
    OP

chuk2020 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    As the title says, my hacked switch can no longer run any titles. I hadn't updated it since my last topic posting and i can no longer hold R to access homebrew. Also when i reboot it boots to the home menu but all my installed games are visible. I had also taken the advice to have two different themes running for the cfw and the normal firmware, the background is white like it was when it was hacked.
    Im not entirely sure what happened, but it feels like the two nands merged(?) I hadn't done any updates so im not sure whats going on. It also wont let me access the browser unless i update, i also cant check the firmware unless i update.

am i..sol?

2. chuk2020
    OP

chuk2020 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    yah R.I.P. my switch, before it wasnt updated but now it def is as my fat fingers pressed update and the slick fucking devs @ nintendo made it so updates cant be canceled. im guessing maybe this happened earlier? although i know that before today i never updated.
    Oh well GGWP

3. miss_nakano

miss_nakano GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    Australia
    Is it an ipatched switch?

4. tglaria

tglaria Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    Congo, Democratic Republic of the
    what do you mean you cant check the firmware.
    Can't you see the version in system settings?

5. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Check https://ismyswitchpatched.com/
    With your serial killer number on bottom of switch

6. chuk2020
    OP

chuk2020 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    it WAS an ipatched switch that ran 4.0.1 or 4.1.0 cant remember specifically but i was able to hack it using caffiene with pegascape.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

when the switch auto downloaded the firmware update, the place where you check it (system settings-->system) only shows an update is ready rather than the update number.
    Only after updating did i get to see the wonderful 9.0.1 software version marking the sinking of my pirate ship

tglaria likes this.
  7. Username4321

Username4321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Brazil
    R.I.P.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted