Hacking Cant install WAD files, ERROR! (ret = 1012)

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
So, pretty much installing CIOS/DARKcorp then formatting your Wii results in point of no return (except NAND formatting)??

Ha, wow. Not surprising, but I never knew that.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
So, pretty much installing CIOS/DARKcorp then formatting your Wii results in point of no return (except NAND formatting)??

I don't think that has anything to do with it, it is just bad luck. It is not related to CIOS/DarKCORP. This issue does always seem to assosiat with some forum of virginization, but that may have nothing to do with it either. I have no idea myself. Someone would need to take the time to examine the nand of one of these wiis to figure that out, which I can't do.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Error 1012 is the bitch of all errors. You can uninstall anything you like, but you will never be able to install anything again, no wads, no hackmii, nothing. You can try anything you like, everything will fail.
That's EXACTLY what's happening in my case
sad.gif
.... Now that's what i was talking about all the time.
cry.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
If you want to try something, you can try this- but it wont work.
Extract cboot2.zip to sd:\
Delete sd:\startup.elf
Extract startup.zip to sd:\
Extract bootmii-booter.elf.zip to sd:\
Extract Multi-Mod Manager boot.dol to sd:\
Rename sd:\boot.dol -> load.dol
Extract bannerbomb to sd:\
Copy ios236.wad to sd:\wad
Run bannerbomb -> bootmii booter loads -> cboot2 loads -> MMM loads on ios36-v16
Select wadmanger
Install ios236.wad

Error 1012, shit.
If cboot2 does not load, you probably don't have bootmii ios installed. Be sure to use a standard sd card 1-2g.

Great guide
yaywii.gif
i followed every step but i am confused when you said "Copy ios236.wad to sd:\wad"
I will coppy but, Wher can i find IOS236
unsure.gif
i cant find it even with NUS downloader
ohmy.gif
and is there like european version and american version of IOS236...... or ios files dont hawe regions...
unsure.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
BBking83 said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it, it is just bad luck. It is not related to CIOS/DarKCORP. This issue does always seem to assosiat with some forum of virginization, but that may have nothing to do with it either. I have no idea myself. Someone would need to take the time to examine the nand of one of these wiis to figure that out, which I can't do.

I heard somewhere that Wii's NAND is like System restore point on PC.
Like when you backup NAND its the same as you make system restore point of that time on your PC, and everything that you had at that time when you did sys restore is revived when you do Sys restore in future (like back through time ) am i right?....

Now, i did NAND backup when i had HBC installed and IOS15 but i dont hawe fresh backup from time i bought my Wii because when i first Soft-modded my Wii i was blindly following some soft-modding guide that did NOT said that i need to make NAND backup
frown.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
~Wiiloader~ said:
I heard somewhere that Wii's NAND is like System restore point on PC.
Like when you backup NAND its the same as you make system restore point of that time on your PC, and everything that you had at that time when you did sys restore is revived when you do Sys restore in future (like back through time ) am i right?
Lol, no. A system restore point on Windows is not a backup of all data at all. Making a NAND backup means, that you backup ALL data in memory. On PC you can achieve this if you backup ALL data on your HDD on another HDD.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mauifrog said:

HBC doesn't like installing if it finds cioscorp/darkcorp, because it can't tell what versions you really have (it uses hashes).
Running an online update wouldn't probably fix it, however you'll lose the ability to use bannerbomb so you'd need one of the exploited games.

Keeping everything as official as possible apart from a couple of cios and channels is the absolute safest way of hacking your wii.
cioscorp/darkcorp should really be avoided.

Also never format, I've not heard that it fixes anything. It just removes all the things you might need to fix it.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, if it would be easy ask me annything youl need to know about the console so you can hawe better picture of my problem... ask me and i'l check and report back here and than i'l try to fix the problem step by step
smile.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
Ok, if it would be easy ask me annything youl need to know about the console so you can hawe better picture of my problem... ask me and i'l check and report back here and than i'l try to fix the problem step by step

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already gave you two suggests.
1- cboot2 MMM and install cios236. This will not work, but you should try
2- Use the comix nand formater. This is the only software solution, and running it from ios could very well brick your wii.
Here are two others.
3- Possibly nand restore, also can brick your wii when run from bootmii ios
4- nand reprogramming by deadlyfoez or bad-ad84 or streamlinehd.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
I already gave you two suggests.
1- cboot2 MMM and install cios236. This will not work, but you should try
2- Use the comix nand formater. This is the only software solution, and running it from ios could very well brick your wii.
Here are two others.
3- Possibly nand restore, also can brick your wii when run from bootmii ios
4- nand reprogramming by deadlyfoez or bad-ad84 or streamlinehd.

1- What wersion of cios236?
2- I cant find nand formater to download. and if it would brick why should i try?
3- I cant restore nand because i dont hawe clean nand and i DONT hawe GameCube controler, but i do hawe nand backup from the time that i had HB channel and ios15 installed.
4- and 4th, i dont know how to do that
unsure.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1- You get cios236 from the modmii pack. Did you get bannerbomb to load cboot2 MMM?
2- It may brick your wii, but it is the only way you'll ever fix your wii. There is nothing else you can do. I am not saying you should not try, but it just won't work. You can follow this GUIDE on nand formatting.
3- At least you have the nand.bin in case you need to have the nand reprogrammed.
4- You don't program your nand, you pay someone to do it for you.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
1- You get cios236 from the modmii pack. Did you get bannerbomb to load cboot2 MMM?
2- It may brick your wii, but it is the only way you'll ever fix your wii. There is nothing else you can do. I am not saying you should not try, but it just won't work. You can follow this GUIDE on nand formatting.
3- At least you have the nand.bin in case you need to have the nand reprogrammed.
4- You don't program your nand, you pay someone to do it for you.
Oh, that clears things up for mea LOT
biggrin.gif
... big thanks for answering me and on your patience
smile.gif
. I think your great tutor
yaywii.gif

Like i said, now that things are little clearer to me, i'l start
yaywii.gif
I didn't wanted to touch anything unleas i had some knowledge (i wouldn't hawe this problem in the first place if i was i member on GBA temp befor all of this :S)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt