Hacking Can't install preloader

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to install preloader on my system, and I keep getting the "failed to get root, current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed." error. Come to find out that like an idiot, I left Wiiconnect24 on and the system updated itself to 4.1. However, I ran signcheck and it said that the fakesign bug was enabled on IOS36. I've tried to run IOS downgrader but it just resets my system everytime I use it.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on and how I can get preloader on my system?

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to install an IOS36 that has the truncha bug in it with Wad Manager.

I think Trunca Bug Restorer Utility will also re introduce the Truncha Bug to IOS36 too

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not 100%, but I believe when I got that I just used the IOS downgrader, but I was on like 3.2u at the time.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The system will never update itself. It does not contain the code to do so. It MUST prompt you before updating and you MUST accept the update.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
The system will never update itself. It does not contain the code to do so. It MUST prompt you before updating and you MUST accept the update.

This, and:

QUOTE(Reboot @ Jul 22 2009, 10:38 PM) Not 100%, but I believe when I got that I just used the IOS downgrader, but I was on like 3.2u at the time.

Just run IOS Downgrader (NOT cios).

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:

All I know is when I got my Wii back from repairs, it was at 3.3 or 3.2, then I updated it to 4.0 hours before 4.1 was released. And then the next time I checked it was 4.1 without me updating it.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, have a look at this guide. Start with Patching IOS36. Once you get that done, PreLoader will work fine.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

Since you came from a SM below 4.0 straight up to 4.1, your IOS36 got updated and you'll need to repatch it. If you would have come from 4.0 to 4.1 you wouldn't have to do this.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
Like has been said.. your Wii is not capable of updating itself. Either you were mistaken and you got 4.1 when you updated, or someone stole your Wii and updated it for you.

Either way, have a look at this guide. Start with Patching IOS36. Once you get that done, PreLoader will work fine.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

Since you came from a SM below 4.0 straight up to 4.1, your IOS36 got updated and you'll need to repatch it. If you would have come from 4.0 to 4.1 you wouldn't have to do this.

I checked it immediately after the first manual update. The top right corner said U4.0. Then after an attempt to install preloader after getting that error I checked it again and it said U4.1. I did not update it manually again after bringing it to 4.0.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my wiiconnect is always on, and i'm on 4.0u. I've never had my system update itself...

Might wanna check with others who have access to your wii, might have been updated accidentally?

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I'm the only person who uses my Wii. I'm just telling you what happened. I got my Wii back the night of the update but several hours before the message came in that the 4.1 update was available I brought it up to 4.0.

If what you guys say is true then I'm stumped.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going to keep arguing about it or get to fixing your Wii?

I told you exactly what needs to be done. 4.1 isn't the end of the world. Just patch 36 and be done with it.

You're welcome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: