Homebrew Can't install Pokemon Sun *legit* cia

Guci3

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 29, 2019
Messages
20
Trophies
0
Age
24
XP
84
Country
United States
IMG_20190728_220410.jpg
 

Guci3

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 29, 2019
Messages
20
Trophies
0
Age
24
XP
84
Country
United States
  1. I tried this on 2 2ds systems .I used a brand new card on my other system.i think the cards are ok...
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Messages
7,292
Trophies
2
XP
5,903
Country
United States
  1. I tried this on 2 2ds systems .I used a brand new card on my other system.i think the cards are ok...
Do what @Lacius instructed. Copy everything off the card, reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size, and full Write + Verify the empty card.

Failure to install the CIA due to failed hash check almost certainly means either fake SD card or bad CIA dump.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lacius and Guci3

Guci3

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 29, 2019
Messages
20
Trophies
0
Age
24
XP
84
Country
United States
Do what @Lacius instructed. Copy everything off the card, reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size, and full Write + Verify the empty card.

Failure to install the CIA due to failed hash check almost certainly means either fake SD card or bad CIA dump.
I will try

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do what @Lacius instructed. Copy everything off the card, reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size, and full Write + Verify the empty card.

Failure to install the CIA due to failed hash check almost certainly means either fake SD card or bad CIA dump.
Still i don't think there is something with the card because other games installed with no problems.
 

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
Member
GBAtemp Patron
Joined
Mar 28, 2018
Messages
3,439
Trophies
2
XP
10,904
Country
Germany
That exact error also pops up when trying to install a personalized legit CIA on a different console. Best is to not dump personalized legit CIAs – choose standard instead.

CIA checker tool in GodMode9 stated “Personal Legit CIA File” and gave me a console ID (part of KeyY) on a legit CIA I created from a paid eShop game (Pokemon Kristall) while the " Universal Legit CIA File" Mario Kart 7 (preinstalled on my N2DSXL) had all zeros.

→ Please check the CIA file in question with GodMode9 (no need to run the full verification for getting that information)

Universal_Legit.png
personal_legit_CIA.png
 

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
3,631
Trophies
1
Age
26
XP
3,018
Country
Greece
It's either a bad dump or what Kleines said right above, the error for bad SD cards is different, so why is everyone suggesting SD card checks as the first thing instead of checking the validity of the CIA first? It's far more common for a bad dump to exist online than TWO SD cards suddenly both having issues with only this one game after all:/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Guci3
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Messages
7,292
Trophies
2
XP
5,903
Country
United States
It's either a bad dump or what Kleines said right above, the error for bad SD cards is different, so why is everyone suggesting SD card checks as the first thing instead of checking the validity of the CIA first? It's far more common for a bad dump to exist online than TWO SD cards suddenly both having issues with only this one game after all:/
My gut instinct is to always assume someone's SD card is bad. If I'm wrong, then at least whoever it is that checked their card can rest assure their data is safe and sound.

However slim this possibility may be, there's an off chance @Guci3's two SD cards happened to be bought from the same time and seller of fake cards. Maybe the Pokemon CIA could be a good dump turned corrupted when transferring it over from computer to card. One may not notice anything funny transferring small files.
 

Guci3

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 29, 2019
Messages
20
Trophies
0
Age
24
XP
84
Country
United States
My gut instinct is to always assume someone's SD card is bad. If I'm wrong, then at least whoever it is that checked their card can rest assure their data is safe and sound.

However slim this possibility may be, there's an off chance @Guci3's two SD cards happened to be bought from the same time and seller of fake cards. Maybe the Pokemon CIA could be a good dump turned corrupted when transferring it over from computer to card. One may not notice anything funny transferring small files.
I just bought 2 more cards today.still dosen't work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just bought 2 more cards today.still dosen't work.
all my cards are from different brands and different stores
 

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
3,631
Trophies
1
Age
26
XP
3,018
Country
Greece
My gut instinct is to always assume someone's SD card is bad. If I'm wrong, then at least whoever it is that checked their card can rest assure their data is safe and sound.

However slim this possibility may be, there's an off chance @Guci3's two SD cards happened to be bought from the same time and seller of fake cards. Maybe the Pokemon CIA could be a good dump turned corrupted when transferring it over from computer to card. One may not notice anything funny transferring small files.
He who deals with fake SD cards might take care lest he thereby start thinking they are all fake. For if you gaze for long onto a fake SD card, the SD card gazes also into you. /s

In all seriousness, fake SD cards don't give that error message to begin with, so it couldn't have been it. There's a reason why FBI has more than one error messages, each is meant for different problems, with this specific error being 99% a bad, corrupted or system-specific dump with the other 1% being a modified file without properly being edited.

OP, just find another CIA and try that one.
 

Guci3

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 29, 2019
Messages
20
Trophies
0
Age
24
XP
84
Country
United States
He who deals with fake SD cards might take care lest he thereby start thinking they are all fake. For if you gaze for long onto a fake SD card, the SD card gazes also into you. /s

In all seriousness, fake SD cards don't give that error message to begin with, so it couldn't have been it. There's a reason why FBI has more than one error messages, each is meant for different problems, with this specific error being 99% a bad, corrupted or system-specific dump with the other 1% being a modified file without properly being edited.

OP, just find another CIA and try that one.
Yeah ,well i didn t find a legit cia on any other site.probably nintendo took them down.
 

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
3,631
Trophies
1
Age
26
XP
3,018
Country
Greece
Yeah ,well i didn t find a legit cia on any other site.probably nintendo took them down.
"Legit" CIA means it can be installed on non-CFW 3DS systems with FW up to 11.2, nothing more. If you have CFW, you can use ANY CIA, not just legit ones.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: Actions have asterisks over or dashes