Can't install more than 3 CIA

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Uzumakijl, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Uzumakijl
    OP

Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2008
    Mexico
    So, I followed this tutorial word by word:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/

Got CakesFW working, Got Unlinked NANDs, all the standard stuff, Updated to 10.5 but here's the thing, for some reason i cannot install more than 3 .cia's (Using FBI installid via H&S like in the tutorial at the moment), It doesn't matter what combination of games i install or to what size they total (ie. Smash + MK7 + MH / Puyo Tetris + Taiko + Yokai Watch) the fourth cia game i try to install will reach 100% and then say "Install Failed!" yadda yadda generic "Invalid Description" message at the end. Please do note that it does not matter which .cia i try to install, All of them will fail to install ONLY when i already have 3 games installed if i uninstall any of the games, regardless of their size i can then install any other .cia again but then we're back to the 3 cia limit, So it's neither the .cia files nor me being unable to actually install any cias at all.

I only become unable to install more .cia after i already installed 3 of them.

I googled a lot and i only found two threads that could've contained some help but didn't get anywhere

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/42vs2o/cannot_install_any_cia_with_fbi_on_reinand_n3dsxl/ https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/435y3p/cant_install_any_more_cias_after_3/

Both threads got deleted so it's impossible for me to scavenge more info from them.

I'm borderline going to rip my teeth out with my bare hands so any help is truly appreciated.

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Um. How big is your sd?

3. Uzumakijl
    OP

Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2008
    Mexico
    Sorry, Wrote this at 5 AM so i forgot to specify that size is not an issue, It's a 64 GB SD, with like 40 GB of free space currently.

4. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Try another CIA installer? NASA is a good legal alternative. (And on the not so legal part... devmenu. But I can't help you on how to get and use devmenu.)

5. Syphurith

Syphurith Beginner

Mar 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
    This dues to a bug in DevMenu/NS and not likely to be caused by your SDCard.
    Try to make the free size smaller than half the full size, by filling it with some other CIA or movies.
    I'm using Lexar 64GB card. I left it with only 10GB the first time.. And haven't ever met this before.

6. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    Did you format the SD card before using it?

Last edited by subcon959, Feb 5, 2016
  7. Robmead23

Robmead23 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Robmead23 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2015
    Could it also be a fake memory card. Might be worth checking it with h2testw

MelonGx and Bubsy Bobcat like this.
  8. Vampirex

Vampirex Dhampir

Mar 12, 2008
    Canada
    There's so many fake cards out there, its ridiculous.. I don't buy micro-SD/SD cards from online retailers anymore.. Even Amazon was selling fake ones before they were caught and taken down.

If its not a fake card, I would try and backup your emunand and files, and start over by reformatting the SD card in emunand9 and restoring the backup emuNAND.bin

Last edited by Vampirex, Feb 5, 2016