OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got DQ9 on my r4 sdhc&rts card
The firmwear is English Kernel v2.7c

No cheat codes showed up on it so I updated my database at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

Now the cheat code option appears at the game select screen but whenever I push my Y button to go to the code select screen my DS locks up.
I don't get a black screen or anything it just sits there and never moves. All the other cheats for my games work but this one will not.

I've used r4cce to check my game code number and it is correct. I'm currently using the cracked rom but i also tried downloading a clean one and trying it with that one as well it won't work.

I even went so far as to try to use the r4bugfix2 but whenever i try to patch my _DS_MENU.DAT I just get a message that says "Error: _DS_MENU.DAT ??????"

Whenver I try adding codes manually it won't even give me the cheat option regardless if I put the correct game code in or not.

I am truly at a loss and I've been fighting with this thing for 3 hours now trying to figure out a solution.

Additionally I can't get it to recognize my Etrian Odyssey II game either. the r4cce says there are codes there but it won't bring them up, again I've checked the game code.

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
I have the same problem,

Using Wood R4, I press the Y button on the game, then X to bring up the cheats menu... but the cheat menu doesn't appear.

It does for all other games, does this USRCHEAT.DAT support the patched Xenom version of the game?

I am tired of grinding for money in the game.

GaryStargazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've clicked "enable game" in the r4cce if that's what you mean.
As to enabling the game in the game menu it's self i can't get to that point. the second i click the Y button to go into the cheat screen the game freezes up.

Infact if i actually push the button with my stylus or finger you can see it locks up because the button stays depressed.

GaryStargazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense intended but I expected more response than this, did I post in the wrong area to ask this nature of question? I thought I was in the proper area for it.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
GaryStargazer said:
No offense intended but I expected more response than this, did I post in the wrong area to ask this nature of question? I thought I was in the proper area for it.

it freezes before you get into the game? if so then just wait for a firmware update or you could try enable game and cheat on r4cce
hope that helps

i assume m3 team might be releasing an update soon
since they just updated m3 and itouch

not sure what is the cause of freeze on the clean rom
but if you are playing on the xenom rom...
you can try the following
-disable the intro on xenom rom
-change the game id of the cheat database to suit the xenom version

i don't think you posted on the wrong section but that is the state of gbatemp

GaryStargazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched the intro out using the rakuraku patcher, however it still freezes up when i go to select cheats out of the mentu at the game select screen.
Also i made sure enable game was selected on the r4cce. I also tried going into the data base and changing the game # with the hacked one. Still no dice.

Secondary question: Is it possible to apply the codes i want directly to the rom using rakuraku? I tried adding AR codes into raku but it just tells me patch data error.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
GaryStargazer said:
I patched the intro out using the rakuraku patcher, however it still freezes up when i go to select cheats out of the mentu at the game select screen.
Also i made sure enable game was selected on the r4cce. I also tried going into the data base and changing the game # with the hacked one. Still no dice.

Secondary question: Is it possible to apply the codes i want directly to the rom using rakuraku? I tried adding AR codes into raku but it just tells me patch data error.

it takes some skills for you to do that
is not an easy task

EDIT: sorry for unable to help

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OGTiago said:
Wait, no one is having problems on Wood R4?

i find it hard to have problems with cheats in this game with wood
wink.gif

GaryStargazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone elaborate on this wood R4? I'm a bit clueless on this subject matter.
Of course I will look around on my own as well, I'm assuming it's some kind of homebrew or OS for the R4 card.

XeroOfAngelFalls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GaryStargazer said:
Can someone elaborate on this wood R4? I'm a bit clueless on this subject matter.
Of course I will look around on my own as well, I'm assuming it's some kind of homebrew or OS for the R4 card.

I think I may have your problem.
If you're using a cracked version, then it has a different GameID than the others

GaryStargazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XeroOfAngelFalls said:
GaryStargazer said:

I think I may have your problem.
If you're using a cracked version, then it has a different GameID than the others
I've already attempted to use the cracked rom # and i've tried using clean roms of it as i stated perviously. Xd
*goes back to searching*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5