Can't get any (so far) games to work :(

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Ravte, Aug 25, 2011.

Aug 25, 2011
  1. Ravte
    OP

Member Ravte GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    So far I've downloaded 3 games(KHBBS, Dissidia012,GoWGoS) for my PSP (only 2 gig memory card still, gotta choose wisely) and none of them has worked, they've all been corrupted - atleast according to my PSP.

I'm running with 3004PB 0.9G 6.60ProB9. None of the games were patched tho, cept for one copy of KHBBS which didn't work either.

I'm downloading 2 copies of Dissidia 012 at the moment, from 2 different sources (tpb and another forum) and the first 3 games were all downloaded from different sources. Em I getting corrupted versions of these games purily by bad luck, or is there something I'm forgetting? (Yes, I run the FastRecovery before I try to play the Isos)

The more I dig in to these forums the more confused I get, Gen, MM3, VSH, use a tool to make your ISO...it's just..........>.<

E* After 5 hours of wasting my time on this, I've decided to call it quits, hopefully someone will save my day and give me an answer that'll reveal the simple flaw that I can't seem to find in my tries to run this thing.

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Step 1:Purchase the game.
    Step 2:Play the game.

3. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    where do you put your iso on your memory card?

you don't need to patch these games they work perfectly with PRO-B9

Your ISO should be in an ISO folder in the root of your memory card

4. Ravte
    OP

Finland
    Sorry, forgot to mention that this is all theoretical of course, or that this is for my friend, not for me certainly. Piracy is baaaaaad.

5. Ravte
    OP

Finland

Yeap they're in the ISO folder which is located at the root.

E* Soz for the post farming, thought it was gonna automatically merge my 2 posts >.

6. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Step 3:Slap your theoretical friend. [​IMG]

7. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    what memory stick are using?

8. Ravte
    OP

Finland
    Sandisk 2gb ( the word "Magic gate" is written in the bottom right corner of the card, if that matters)

E* my VSH (whatever that is) is configured to USB Device - Memory Stick, ISO Video Mount - None (can't change this), something I'm missing here? Hell I don't even know what this thing is for to be honest.

E2* Just another idea, does it matter whether or not the ISO of the game is inside a folder inside the ISO folder in the root? ms0/ISO/Dissidia/Dissidia.iso - like that.

E3* Lock and delete!!!!!!!!!

my hunch was semiright, the PSP didn't recognize the iso inside another folder in the ISO folder, but the mystery to me is what the hell is this corrupted file I've got there right now, guess it might be some homebrew I tried to mess with earlier. Thanks for your time guys to take a look at this.

9. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    X:/ISO/gamename.iso
    .cso

Is your correct ISO mode activated? if you press Select, a menu should show up in red with different text in it. The "ISO Mode" should be set to Inferno, and your clock speeds should be set to default. That's the first thing. If the "VSH Menu" (that is what it's called) does NOT show up when you press Select, you need to access the Recovery Menu to change it (by holding R when your PSP turns on).

Second... what size and brand memory stick are you using? Is it OFFICIAL? Is it a real memory stick or an adapter w/ Micro SD or Chinese knockoff?

Third, try formatting it (after backing everything up obviously) in Windows. Then try running them again.

If none of these solve your issue it's either a dude set of ISOs/CSOs or a shitty memory stick. Buy a real Sony/Sandisk/Lexar one and try again.

@ Ryupower: AAAAAH good thinking. Always forget about that. [​IMG]

@ OP: Ryupower's method will get you to see if your Memory stick is legit; if MagicGate says "Unsupported" you need a new stick.

10. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    on the XMB
    highlight the MS icon
    press /\
    pick info
    MagicGate is what

11. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Check your GAME folder (PSP/GAME) if there is any folders lying around, should solve the mystery of the corrupted file.

12. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    yes, it matter, it will show as corrupt, unless you are using a plugin like game categories

13. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Glad it's working now, good sir. Enjoy your PSP. [​IMG]

14. Ravte
    OP

Finland
    Hehe, got it solved, the solution was simple, as I and you thought it could be Schlupi. Thanks for all of you for your time to take a look at this thread and help me out, much appreciated - gonna have a long weekend ahead of me tomorrow after I get off from work.

E* Dissidia just froze when I didn't do anything on the main screen Oo Maybe an bugged out cutscene, the ones that come up when you don't do anything in the mainmenu?

E2* Damn guys you're posting too fast xD But tonight I can sleep happily playing some Dissidia while waiting for my 32gb card to come over the pond to my local post office.