Hacking Can't find kernel for this r4 card

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, now that you mention it, I do have a second kernel that is also meant for this cart. It's a long shot, and it would lowkey suck if this worked but the first one I sent didn't, but we're hoping for anything at this point: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/flas...4isdhc.hk_Dual-Core_2014-2017_Kernel_1.72.zip

The downside to this particular kernel is that it uses `mixinfo.dat` as opposed to the standard infolib/extinfo set, which means you wouldn't be able to gain the small compatibility boost from RGF's dats. But hey if it works who am I to say no.

Reactions: Nikokaro

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After getting so many suggestions, I'll summarize into this list.

1.Even if the cart isn't bricked (which I doubt by everything it was sad) the time and effort necessary to revive it it's not worth in my opinion.
A few ways you can try.

Getting SPI Flasher, it isn't cheap and will require you some technical knowledge and specific files to specifc carts.

Trying putting r4 firmwares one at time into your sd cart and give them a run, hoping to find one it works.
(again there are many firmwares out there, it may take a while and it's not guaranteed that will work.
The cart used to work with the original firmware you have bkp and it doesnt work anymore, so trying different ones its a very very long shot)

2.Try to buy a new FC (today it is gamble because so many counterfeit/bad carts out there)

3.Get a mini sd adapter + micro sd card OR mini sd card to make use of camera glitch to run your games. (best and cheap solution)

To help others and peharps yourself you could post photos of you FC (front label) and PCB (front/back)
So people would know to not do the same thing you did with this cart.
And someone who has the same can point out the correct firmware.

Last edited by KGBEER,

cxclarke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Actually, now that you mention it, I do have a second kernel that is also meant for this cart. It's a long shot, and it would lowkey suck if this worked but the first one I sent didn't, but we're hoping for anything at this point: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/flas...4isdhc.hk_Dual-Core_2014-2017_Kernel_1.72.zip

The downside to this particular kernel is that it uses `mixinfo.dat` as opposed to the standard infolib/extinfo set, which means you wouldn't be able to gain the small compatibility boost from RGF's dats. But hey if it works who am I to say no.
still doesn't work, thanks for giving it still.

cxclarke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
After getting so many suggestions, I'll summarize into this list.

1.Even if the cart isn't bricked (which I doubt by everything it was sad) the time and effort necessary to revive it it's worth in my opinion.
A few ways you can try.

Getting SPI Flasher, it isn't cheap and will require you some technical knowledge and specific files to specifc carts.

Trying putting r4 firmwares one at time into your sd cart and give them a run, hoping to find one it works.
(again there are many firmwares out there, it may take a while and it's not guaranteed that will work.
The cart used to work with the original firmware you have bkp and it doesnt work anymore, so trying different ones its a very very long shot)

2.Try to buy a new FC (today it is gamble because so many counterfeit/bad carts out there)

3.Get a mini sd adapter + micro sd card OR mini sd card to make use of camera glitch to run your games. (best and cheap solution)

To help others and peharps yourself you could post photos of you FC (front label) and PCB (front/back)
So people would know to not do the same thing you did with this cart.
And someone who has the same can point out the correct firmware.
261330813_923052268633137_2272625213840573213_n.jpg
261133886_478835966861329_6504952183356440965_n.jpg

cxclarke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
So when it doesn't get detected by the DSi, it's either bricked or the firmware is wrong? or is it the hardware in the FC itself?

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So when it doesn't get detected by the DSi, it's either bricked or the firmware is wrong? or is it the hardware in the FC itself?
Your flashcart is possibly "physically" bricked, since you install YSMenu and it wont load up anymore, as @lifehackehansol said. firmware is a fragile stuff as it directly communicate with the chip inside your flashcart :rolleyes:

cxclarke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Your flashcart is possibly "physically" bricked, since you install YSMenu and it wont load up anymore, as @lifehackehansol said. firmware is a fragile stuff as it directly communicate with the chip inside your flashcart :rolleyes:
oh

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again its a very very long shot, im only suggesting because in the picture the contacts seems
a little darker.
try to clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol wait until dry and give a shot.
you can even try using a white eraser(dont use pencil eraser) and clean with alcohol later.

Also if you can disassemble the cart and take pictures of pcb(internal cart components) front/back
please do and share it here.

cxclarke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
again its a very very long shot, im only suggesting because in the picture the contacts seems
a little darker.
try to clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol wait until dry and give a shot.
you can even try using a white eraser(dont use pencil eraser) and clean with alcohol later.

Also if you can disassemble the cart and take pictures of pcb(internal cart components) front/back
please do and share it here.
i'll try both, i'll update you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?