Hacking Question Can't enter in Rcm Mode, everytime i plug usb to Pc nsw boot normaly

jirobaye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i guys, i've tried to go into RCM MODE and at first try with a power supply cable i was enter it but i don't have used AutoRcm mode so now i need to enter again in RCM MODE but everytime i try with everymethod : jig 3d, paperclip, piece of aluminiunm etc

i press vol+ then power button for 3-5 seconds the screen remain black and then when i plug the usb-c nintendo boot normally

why?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the those tools used to induce RCM can become physically altered if used to enter RCM as well as not making the best contact with the pins during subsequent attempts. Believe me, it takes me around 5 or so tries to get into RCM with my paperclip -_-

Anyways, try this tin foil video as tin foil (IF USED PROPERLY) has a high success rate and is found around most households.

Reactions: NoNAND

jirobaye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm entered succesfully in rcm mode and now i think i've bricked the console, i've installed autorcm and now the console have no life, i press power or plug into dock or into usb charge and nothing happen...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm entered succesfully in rcm mode and now i think i've bricked the console, i've installed autorcm and now the console have no life, i press power or plug into dock or into usb charge and nothing happen...
That is what AutoRCM is intended to do. It puts the console in RCM when you try turning it on so you don't have to use a jig or otherwise to boot into RCM. With AutoRCM installed, the console will only function properly after a payload is sent to it.

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the those tools used to induce RCM can become physically altered if used to enter RCM as well as not making the best contact with the pins during subsequent attempts. Believe me, it takes me around 5 or so tries to get into RCM with my paperclip -_-

Anyways, try this tin foil video as tin foil (IF USED PROPERLY) has a high success rate and is found around most households.

Honestly people, if you plan to play with RCM more than like 3 times then invest the $6 on a jig from eBay.... seriously. All of this "paperclip/bending/tin foil' crap is not worth it... if it doesn't work then it works by frying your system when you accidentally touch a power pin.

I know you might not like the idea of paying for a 3D jig, but it works all the time, every time without guessing if things made proper contact, and safely if you get a well made one with smaller wire (ethernet, etc).

Also messing with AutoRCM just seems like a bad idea, I like knowing when it's in RCM or not manually.

I have bought 2 3D printed jigs just in case, with the amount of fiddling with it especially with new SX OS updates coming out, you need one. I don't get the resistance to them...

Last edited by Albytrozz,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly people, if you plan to play with RCM more than like 3 times then invest the $6 on a jig from eBay.... seriously. All of this "paperclip/bending/tin foil' crap is not worth it... if it doesn't work then it works by frying your system when you accidentally touch a power pin.

I know you might not like the idea of paying for a 3D jig, but it works all the time, every time without guessing if things made proper contact, and safely if you get a well made one with smaller wire (ethernet, etc).

Also messing with AutoRCM just seems like a bad idea, I like knowing when it's in RCM or not manually.

I have bought 2 just in case, with the amount of fiddling with it especially with new SX OS updates coming out, you need one. I don't get the resistance to them...
OP did try a jig already.
i guys, i've tried to go into RCM MODE and at first try with a power supply cable i was enter it but i don't have used AutoRcm mode so now i need to enter again in RCM MODE but everytime i try with everymethod : jig 3d, paperclip, piece of aluminiunm etc

Reactions: Albytrozz

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can testify this, i personally always use a piece of folded tinfoil, and i can easily do it anywhere with a tiny piece of tinfoil since I’ve had practice

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, but you mentioned how many times it takes you to get a paperclip to work, so it was kinda a PSA for like... everyone.
Long story short, I installed AutoRCM when it first came out but flipped when I saw my battery was drained the next day so I removed it and haven't touched it since. I've only entered RCM one other time after that because I'm not hacking my console until EmuNAND is out in some form or another. When the time comes, I'll reinstall AutoRCM since most, if not all, of the "issues" have been brought to light with appropriate counter-measures.

Reactions: Albytrozz

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I installed AutoRCM when it first came out but flipped when I saw my battery was drained the next day so I removed it and haven't touched it since. I've only entered RCM one other time after that because I'm not hacking my console until EmuNAND is out in some form or another. When the time comes, I'll reinstall AutoRCM since most, if not all, of the "issues" have been brought to light with appropriate counter-measures.

I'm not trying to judge or insult anyone, do what works for you! Half the fun is trying different stuff. I'm just testifying to how much easier and more reliable a 3D jig makes everything, especially for someone that might have problems with AutoRCM. Making poor pin connections will not help OP at all with whatever is going on.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to judge or insult anyone, do what works for you! Half the fun is trying different stuff. I'm just testifying to how much easier and more reliable a 3D jig makes everything, especially for someone that might have problems with AutoRCM. Making poor pin connections will not help OP at all with whatever is going on.
Since we're on the topic of such things, do you have any recommendations for OP or to anyone else on where to find the best jigs? SX Pro comes with a good jig but its not worth $40.

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're on the topic of such things, do you have any recommendations for OP or to anyone else on where to find the best jigs? SX Pro comes with a good jig but its not worth $40.

eBay is where I grabbed mine but I haven't looked at Aliexpress or elsewhere... I got each of them for no more than $10 after shipping and exchange rate and they were both mailed from Europe to NA. Like I said, look for the ones that use a smaller gauge wire and avoid any that use paperclips.

I actually keep one in the Switch all of the time since without AutoRCM it doesn't affect OFW boot even if it's in and I can boot into RCM with a simple keypress and my OnePlus 5.

Attachments

• SwitchJig.jpg
    SwitchJig.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 200

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best jig ever IMO is the right joycon nintendo engineered themselves. Add a tactile button, solder wires from button to pins 1 & 10 and good to go as long as you dont completely suck at soldering and exercise some caution. Really didnt find it hard at all. Its what i did cause all in all I dont trust the wear n tear on 3d jigs or anything else.

Attachments

• 032742.jpg
    032742.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 199
  • 022913.jpg
    022913.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 216

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Order the joycon track off AliExpress and make your own jig from oem hardware
Those things are pretty cheap but I'm more of a DIY kind of person myself. Thanks for the suggestion!
Best jig ever IMO is the right joycon nintendo engineered themselves. Add a tactile button, solder wires from button to pins 1 & 10 and good to go as long as you dont completely suck at soldering and exercise some caution. Really didnt find it hard at all. Its what i did cause all in all I dont trust the wear n tear on 3d jigs or anything else.
Really? Reed Switch gives you the benefit of being able to short it at will as well as leaving your pins looking clean and untouched. But I guess I know who to hit up if I need some soldering ;)
eBay is where I grabbed mine but I haven't looked at Aliexpress or elsewhere... I got each of them for no more than $10 after shipping and exchange rate and they were both mailed from Europe to NA. Like I said, look for the ones that use a smaller gauge wire and avoid any that use paperclips.

I actually keep one in the Switch all of the time since without AutoRCM it doesn't affect OFW boot even if it's in and I can boot into RCM with a simple keypress and my OnePlus 5.
If I were to find $10 on the street one day, can you point me to the eBay reseller whom you bought your jig(s) from?

Reactions: ExploitJunkie

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That’s pretty cool that you did it with the rail itself? By sucking at soldering, I guess you mean I need to not destroy everything i solder?

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Reed Switch gives you the benefit of being able to short it at will as well as leaving your pins looking clean and untouched. But I guess I know who to hit up if I need some soldering ;)
Yeah I did give the reed switch some consideration , just a personal preference I guess, was thinking if i go out with it didnt want to worry about carry around a stupid magnet or having to look for one hehe

That’s pretty cool that you did it with the rail itself? By sucking at soldering, I guess you mean I need to not destroy everything i solder?
lol exactly..those ribbon cables though... was careful with them I used short bursts of heat to solder and stayed far clear of taking them off or going near/touching them as much as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1