Hacking Can't download from freeshop after update

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You made my day XD
Well, this guarantee only cover the 3ds console only, not the accessories that come with it (I think Sd card too). Should I just risk it?
well if they put the sticker there then thats his return condition (i cant really tell you what to do) but the problem you describe (if it only started after an update) is firmware related so if you were to fix it you would need to remove the sd card to add the proper files :mellow:
The seller label it as "Certified pre owned" 3ds, I don't know where he get their certification from though. So this thing is basically a 2nd hand console. I bought it for around $60.
60 (i assume this is usd) is not bad but when you get a system for cfw installations its best to buy it new so you know the history is clean :teach:
I have an update. I tried refreshing freeshop cache after that I can download a game halfway, . . .but it did make a progress for a while and then keeps on retrying.
perhaps i am jumping the gun with my thoughts on the state of the consoles firmware (although bad sd cards are the most likely cause when dealing with corruption). . . have you attempted to reset your router and reestablish the consoles connection to it?

not full speed (around 5-10% of my internet top speed)
thats just the 3ds's hardware . . . :shit:

Reactions: namiafakh

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well if they put the sticker there then thats his return condition (i cant really tell you what to do) but the problem you describe (if it only started after an update) is firmware related so if you were to fix it you would need to remove the sd card to add the proper files :mellow:
If my SD card turns out to be faulty, can I just copy and paste tall the files from the faulty sd card to the new sd card? Oh, and what kind of files do I have to add after checking the sd card health?

60 (i assume this is usd) is not bad but when you get a system for cfw installations its best to buy it new so you know the history is clean :teach:
Yes, the price is in USD. The new 3ds price in here is almost twice the original price :(
I'll keep that in mind if I want to buy another console in the future :bow:

perhaps i am jumping the gun with my thoughts on the state of the consoles firmware (although bad sd cards are the most likely cause when dealing with corruption). . . have you attempted to reset your router and reestablish the consoles connection to it?
Yes, I have tried restarting my router and the problem is still there. The 3ds built-in test connection said that the test is successful.

wormdood, do you use freeshop? if so, what version?
I'm not aware that the freeshop version that is installed in my 3ds is outdated (2.1.3) and I tried to update freeshop to the latest version (3.1.7) and the issue is somewhat solved.
It still keeps on retrying but the progress is there, I can even finish a game update now.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wormdood, do you use freeshop? if so, what version?
yes i do & 3.1.7
I'm not aware that the freeshop version that is installed in my 3ds is outdated (2.1.3) and I tried to update freeshop to the latest version (3.1.7) and the issue is somewhat solved.
if your freeshop was outdated then the repository it gets its keys from is likely dated/down . . .on your pc/phone google "3ds title keys" and select the .gq site then click the box that looks like a qr code, then on your 3ds open freeshop open its settings tab (the cog/gear icon along the top right of the bottom screen) then click the trash icon then, . . . finally click the tiny qr code icon then scan the qr code from your pc/phone lastly close and reopen freeshop and try to download a game again

Last edited by wormdood,

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do you have a mobile phone with data? Try connecting the 3DS to a hotspot, and download a small game like Zelda Link's Awakening (to not use too much data).
Oh alright, I haven't tried that.

yes i do & 3.1.7
if your freeshop was outdated then the repository it gets its keys from is likely dated/down . . .on your pc/phone google "3ds title keys" and select the .gq site then click the box that looks like a qr code, then on your 3ds open freeshop open its settings tab (the cog/gear icon along the top right of the bottom screen) then click the trash icon then, . . . finally click the tiny qr code icon then scan the qr code from your pc/phone lastly close and reopen freeshop and try to download a game again
Thank you so much for the information. I guess the keys are down when I'm using the 2.1.3 version so I can't download or update the game at all. After using 3.1.7 I tried to install cooking mama sweet shop (just to test it out), the speed is around 50-70% of my full speed and the game is successfully installed even though it keeps on retrying a couple of times when in the middle of a download.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the information. I guess the keys are down when I'm using the 2.1.3 version so I can't download or update the game at all. After using 3.1.7 I tried to install cooking mama sweet shop (just to test it out), the speed is around 50-70% of my full speed and the game is successfully installed even though it keeps on retrying a couple of times when in the middle of a download.
I'm pretty sure the SD card may be a problem. You need to find out what kind of sd card is in there. It can be a fake. Got to use the program wormdood told you about. It supposed to check if is a legit or fake. If is fake, then you are entitled to a refund, if is not the sd card, then it is the system and still entitled to refund. Either way it is fishy to have put a sticker in the sd card slot and say that is voids warranty. Official new purchased systems do not have such a thing and this person is not being a very good businessman.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using 3.1.7 I tried to install cooking mama sweet shop (just to test it out), the speed is around 50-70% of my full speed and the game is successfully installed
and the game boots when you open it?

assuming it does i am glad its working now
even though it keeps on retrying a couple of times when in the middle of a download.
honestly i dont know how normal that is i download as i sleep
Thank you so much for the information.
happy to help . . . thanks for putting up with my horrid grammar and even worse my lack of (and misuse of) proper punctuation

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm pretty sure the SD card may be a problem. You need to find out what kind of sd card is in there. It can be a fake. Got to use the program wormdood told you about. It supposed to check if is a legit or fake. If is fake, then you are entitled to a refund, if is not the sd card, then it is the system and still entitled to refund. Either way it is fishy to have put a sticker in the sd card slot and say that is voids warranty. Official new purchased systems do not have such a thing and this person is not being a very good businessman.
Yes, man. I agree that this is really fishy. The seller gives guarantee for 3 months and that covers only the 3ds console. If the system isn't functional anymore, I'll try to make a refund or demand a substitute device from the seller. But for the time being, I just have to deal with it, learn this 3ds environment and try different solution before I tried to open up the sd card within the guaranteed period.

and the game boots when you open it?
It does boot and I can play the game perfectly fine.

happy to help . . . thanks for putting up with my horrid grammar and even worse my lack of (and misuse of) proper punctuation
No problem man, you are a big help. I'm actually happy that you guys can understand what I am saying XD
I'm not used to writing this long sentences in English.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, man. I agree that this is really fishy. The seller gives guarantee for 3 months and that covers only the 3ds console. If the system isn't functional anymore, I'll try to make a refund or demand a substitute device from the seller. But for the time being, I just have to deal with it, learn this 3ds environment and try different solution before I tried to open up the sd card within the guaranteed period.
then try not to update the system (the fw itself i mean ... and it is ok to get individual game updates) until then and also (normally an overly extreme percussion here but) dont download dsiware, freeshop will download it through your sd card and it installs to your nand and if you end up with corrupted files on your console's nand you can cause even more issues. so 1 no updates 2 no dsiware 3 fuck one and two and go back to the idea of kicking the sellers ass "hardcore" . . . unless that guarantee covers physical damage (and even if so) you should really consider requesting a refund from the seller (. . . although i really like the idea of roughing up the seller . . . but thats hard to do online)

it really does sound like a bad sd card is the cause of all your problems and its locked up behind some fancy tape and the sellers words. i personally think thats a scummy scummy thing the seller did even in the event that the sd card is fine, to tell basically you "you cant upgrade to a larger sd" (this is not a 2 usd mp3 player from the discount bin at the thrift store) this ticks me off so much, so so very much that i personally want to hit him hard . . . and i hate this term but real talk here the seller is a scuzzball who is lucky he sells online and not here in the hood
I'm not used to writing this long sentences in English.
i can tell but i have seen way worse so dont worry . . . in fact i feel the same way . . . and thats kind of sad as its the only language i know (not so fun fact . . . i knew Italian conversationally once upon a time but no one i've known in life speaks/spoke Italian outside of school and over time . . . i am a little afraid for my aging mind [or too much weed in my life perhaps] i find i am lost when i attempt to watch simple things like the news in Italian)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo