Hacking Cant downgrade from 4.3-4.1

Drake20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, Im trying to downgrade my wii from 4.3u-4.1u. I go to MMM and i install the wads and it says, cant downgrade to 4.1 cause you need to install Cios60, i have tried to download and install cios60 using mmm - sd - wad - cios60 and final status 1 did not complete. Ticket (-2011) Anyone help with this downgrade?

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, it's not possible to install ios 60 because of the stubs. Second of all, there is no need to update. No need at all.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I love when someone tries to correct me, only they're wrong and I was right to begin with
biggrin.gif

First of all, he's on 4.3 already so it's impossible to update further. He is trying to get to 4.1, so what you should have said is "there is no need to downgrade" (as I already stated)

And u can install IOS60v6174 despite having a stubbed IOS60v6400. There are many ways of doing so:
-load an IOS with the version patch (ie. IOS236, newer revs of 249/250), then install IOS60v6174 and it will successfully overwrite the stub (that's what the version patch does)
-delete the IOS60v6400 stub using MMM or Any Title Deleter, then proceed to install IOS60v6174 using ANY IOS (doesn't even need to install using a fakesigned IOS as long as the IOS being installed is not fakesigned in anyway)
-load any patched IOS then install IOS60v16174 (download this using ModMii, all it is is IOS60 patched and its version increased to be >6400) and it will successfully overwrite the stub since it has a larger version number

Anyways, no hard feelings... but I was right and u were wrong!
biggrin.gif

PS. I'm just playing around, don't get upset or anything, even the most experienced of wii modders don't know everything!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night