Homebrew Can't downgrade 3ds

krisztian1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I am trying to downgrade an 3ds from 6.x to the 4.5 but when its writing to the nand I get 'Fatal error - 0001001'. The dg pack region is correct and the md5 checksum also matches the one from the website, the SD card what I am using is the 2gb one from the console... Any ideas what's the problem or I am doing something wrong ?
Edit: Can a moderator move this to the 'Flashcard' board ? I didnt noticed that I created this in the homebrew and not the flashcard board.

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just did a quick google search and found that a few people on maxconsole had the same issue (not sure if one of those are you or not).
Looks like they haven't figured out the issue either.

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would have to do with the SD because first you have to backup nand thats one gig, then you have to download the DG pack thats about 500 mb i believe... so you probably have less than 500 mb left on the sd, probably not enough memory to read and write the data.. so first try and get an bigger SD card... or update your 3ds to another firmware higher than 6 but less than 9.4... then try again...

krisztian1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Why not trying to update to another exploitable FW version like 7.1 or 8.1 and try? (Pokémon OR/AS and Smash Bros come with those updates)

There is a thread on the max forum with this problem, someone already tried that with pokemon AS and he gets the same error

krisztian1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The othr featurs of the Gateway launcher are working fine? (NAND Backup, NAND restore, Classic mode)

Everything works perfectly, otherwise I couldn't start the downgrade and then restore the nand backup after the wrong stuffs gets written to it.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Everything works perfectly, otherwise I couldn't start the downgrade and then restore the nand backup after the wrong stuffs gets written to it.

The only way to know what the problem is is too way risky, and you would need to have a NAND hardmod:

Booting th 3DS after the error shows without restoring the NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM