Homebrew Can't connect to eShop anymore unless I upgrade to 11.14, I can't do anything

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,217
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
So this morning I distractedly updated my 3DS, resulting in a system update from 11.13 to 11.14 and luckily I had a sys backup when I installed CFW on the 3DS, so I reinstalled it from godmode9 menu.
The problem is I had to reinstall with FBI all my cias, games, game updates, create the a new Mii, link again my Nintendo ID and stuff.

Now when I try to play Pokemon online (UltraMoon), it requires a Pokemon update (which I lost the .cia), so ok, I will download it automatically I said... but jokes on me, I can't download, nor connect to the internet/eShop because my System is not updated (Error 022-2511)
I can't even "memorize" my Nintendo ID connection settings from the menu because again, it forces me to update the System and I really don't want.

So basically I can't even access to the eShop because my System is not updated, is there any way to force the Nintendo ID to connect ignoring the update?
I mean BootNTR last update is more than 1 year ago, I hardly doubt it will be updated soon, aswell as other CFW stuff.

I have another console which is hacked, and luckily I didn't touch it, and I can play it online because Nintendo ID is already memorized, the game is already updated so I don't need any system update.

What can I do with this console? Sell it? I can play offline of course but its not the same thing. Also I didnt not test yet other titles, because I don't play much them, but Im sure they have problems too.

Thanks for any help! Greetings

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So this morning I distractedly updated my 3DS, resulting in a system update from 11.13 to 11.14 and luckily I had a sys backup when I installed CFW on the 3DS, so I reinstalled it from godmode9 menu.
The problem is I had to reinstall with FBI all my cias, games, game updates, create the a new Mii, link again my Nintendo ID and stuff.

Now when I try to play Pokemon online (UltraMoon), it requires a Pokemon update (which I lost the .cia), so ok, I will download it automatically I said... but jokes on me, I can't download, nor connect to the internet/eShop because my System is not updated (Error 022-2511)
I can't even "memorize" my Nintendo ID connection settings from the menu because again, it forces me to update the System and I really don't want.

So basically I can't even access to the eShop because my System is not updated, is there any way to force the Nintendo ID to connect ignoring the update?
I mean BootNTR last update is more than 1 year ago, I hardly doubt it will be updated soon, aswell as other CFW stuff.

I have another console which is hacked, and luckily I didn't touch it, and I can play it online because Nintendo ID is already memorized, the game is already updated so I don't need any system update.

What can I do with this console? Sell it? I can play offline of course but its not the same thing. Also I didnt not test yet other titles, because I don't play much them, but Im sure they have problems too.

Thanks for any help! Greetings
Please, update Luma CFW (the boot.firm) to the latest version (10.2.1), and later you will can to perform a normal system update to 11.14.

And about BootNTR (aka NTR CFW), just wait, because is temporally broken with the new system version, or just stay on 11.13 (but without any possibility to access to eShop and online game)

Last edited by fmkid,
D

Deleted User

OP
I initially updated Luma3DS' boot.firm, but then I realized BootNTR was not working with this system update, so without checking what else was working or not, I simply used the backup to restore the 11.13 version.
And yeah here I am, kinda stuck.
I also tried to launch NNID from FBI, (from NAND) and it still forces me to update the system, so I can't link it.
I was hoping there was a quick trick to bypass this forced update, but I guess no at this point.

I guess I will wait for devs to release new versions of everything, so I can update everything and go online with the 11.14.

MikeBeast12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading Luma3DS to 10.2.1 might be the thing to prevent your 2DS/3DS from "brick"-ing before you update your latest 2DS/3DS firmware. You might want to visit here. It really helps!

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I initially updated Luma3DS' boot.firm, but then I realized BootNTR was not working with this system update, so without checking what else was working or not, I simply used the backup to restore the 11.13 version.
And yeah here I am, kinda stuck.
I also tried to launch NNID from FBI, (from NAND) and it still forces me to update the system, so I can't link it.
I was hoping there was a quick trick to bypass this forced update, but I guess no at this point.

I guess I will wait for devs to release new versions of everything, so I can update everything and go online with the 11.14.
In my personal concept, is always better to have your console upgraded to the latest version (when is available) than wait until a "peripheral" tool/homebrew (for the case, NTR CFW) was also updated.

With the latest version you always can access to eShop (and download the game update that you need), and go into online game and services. But, anyway, is your decision

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah I kinda agree with you, but many homebrews are abandoned and stuff, just like the 3DS itself, which is officially discontinued by Nintendo, little note.... So I rather stick with the "old" working stuff package, than updating one thing and losing everything else.

I mean if its discontinued, why you come out with a random forced system update after 2 years? Werent you busy selling DLCs on the Switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom