Hacking Can't connect joycon to the system in handheld.

BigCP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just recently got all the equipment to start homebrew on my switch. I used an jig to get into rcm. Which worked. However I cannot boot into rcm anymore with the jig and my joycon isn't connecting to the switch. (It can wirelessly, just not on the rail) I wonder if I damaged the right rail when using this jig. Has anyone had the problem and if so is there a way to fix it.

I tried my brother's right joycon and it's the same problem.

Last edited by BigCP,
Reactions: CatmanFan
D

Deleted-442439

I just recently got all the equipment to start homebrew on my switch. I used an jig to get into rcm. Which worked. However I cannot boot into rcm anymore with the jig and my joycon isn't connecting to the switch. (It can wirelessly, just not on the rail) I wonder if I damaged the right rail when using this jig. Has anyone had the problem and if so is there a way to fix it.

Sounds like damages pins, send it to Nintendo if it is under warranty, should be no issue they will never know about the jig. (I did and got it fixed free)

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

dump saves and send it to nintendo like the post above me said ^^
just don't tell them that you tinkered around with it ;)

BigCP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not under warranty anymore and secondly upon further investigation. After unscrewing the rail, it literally just came of. Is there a way to just either myself fix it or do you think sending it into Nintendo. I would have to replace the connecter and ribbon cable.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not under warranty anymore and secondly upon further investigation. After unscrewing the rail, it literally just came of. Is there a way to just either myself fix it or do you think sending it into Nintendo. I would have to replace the connecter and ribbon cable.
still send it to nintendo, they will charge you just a little fee and will most likely be it.
Don't try to fix it yourself, you may damage the console even further !

BigCP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Couldn't I just buy a replacement rail? And install it myself. And if so we update I need to solder anything?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's probably the ribbon that came loose

The ribbon cable is loose. From the rail. Is it easy to put it back in place?

D

Deleted-442439

Couldn't I just buy a replacement rail? And install it myself. And if so we update I need to solder anything?

Yes if you have a triwing Y00 screwdriver it is easy.

Raynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

That should be easily possible. If I look at the Teardown from JerryRigEverything the right rail is one of the easiest parts to replace. As long as you had a screwdriver in your hand before you should be able to do it. just be careful with all the tiny screws.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If it's from the rail I think you're out of luck

BigCP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's from the rail I think you're out of luck
Yes it is from the rail. I have seen online replacement OEM rails with the ribbon cable. Only like £10 each. I might try one. I assume it would come with like new pins incase i also messed up with the pins on the rail?

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is from the rail. I have seen online replacement OEM rails with the ribbon cable. Only like £10 each. I might try one. I assume it would come with like new pins incase i also messed up with the pins on the rail?
I'd look at the photos of the product before assuming

BigCP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I think I will just send it in to be fixed to be fair. Hopefully the charge isn't that expensive. I will remove my SD card aswell as that has files on

I'd look at the photos of the product before assuming
I noticed the ones I looked at are for the actual joycon and not the rail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo