Homebrew Can't change themes

javicrazy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So the thing is i bought a bricked 3DS and hardmodded it to restore the nand (old owner had a backup). Then i went all the way to configure a9lh and luma and everything seemed to be fine but the problem is i cant change the menu theme.

I tried using CHMM2 as cia and from homebrew channel and nothing, when i close chmm2 without rebooting the theme stays in menu, but as soon as i reboot its gone again.

Then i tried to change it to an official one from 3ds menu settings and its the same, stays with the default theme. What is curious about this is in one of these tries i put a custom theme from CHMM2 and rebooted, and again it showed the basic menu, then i tried a gba vc game and when i came back to menu the custom theme appeared.

Anyone has an idea about whats happening here? Also the 3DS seems to be slow for some reason

Last edited by javicrazy,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the thing is i bought a bricked 3DS and hardmodded it to restore the nand (old owner had a backup). Then i went all the way to configure a9lh and luma and everything seemed to be fine but the problem is i cant change the menu theme.

I tried using CHMM2 as cia and from homebrew channel and nothing, when i close chmm2 without rebooting the theme stays in menu, but as soon as i reboot its gone again.

Then i tried to change it to an official one from 3ds menu settings and its the same, stays with the default theme. What is curious about this is in one of these tries i put a custom theme from CHMM2 and rebooted, and again it showed the basic menu, then i tried a gba vc game and when i came back to menu the custom theme appeared.

Anyone has an idea about whats happening here? Also the 3DS seems to be slow for some reason
Well I don't really know why this could happend, but afaik the menu themes are stored in the SD, so maybe you can delete de menu system folder in the SD (or use other SD to confirm this). The slow may be because it's O3DS.

Why do you still use CHMM2 when you can convert your themes into a .cia and install them with FBI?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...kages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/
Because it's worst for most people (like me). It's easier to install a theme using CHMM2 than convert it to cia, install, and change. Also, if you enter the eshop, the cia themes will be deleted. And one more thing: your post did not solve anything, so it's just shitpost.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chill. I was just giving an option for the themes, but I didn't read when he said that his 3ds was slow tho
Really? It seems to me like you didn't even read the whole post...

In other things, OP, try to change the SD card or to delete the Nintendo 3DS folder from yours (make a copy of it in your PC) so we can be sure if it's due a bug with the files on it or not. If it's not, the we'll think something else.

ZhafuanZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
OP, can you try install themes using CHMM instead of the 2nd version? My themes worked just fine after that. I used homebrew browser I think.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, on a different sd card it works perfect, thanks for your advice @Bedel
Then I recomend you to use the other SD card (if you want to) but deleting Nintendo 3DS\number\number\extdata\00000000\000002ce. If you delete that folder, you should be able to to use the old one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI