Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Frenchman said:
one of my wii did this and playing with another region zelda worked...

im thinking it is only a region problom my self, im d,l zelda jap/usa to try it with a moded dvd drive , just waiting for the trywing to come

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear of you problem. Sounds simply like a corrupt IOS file. There's been a lot of people that have even had iso249 corrupted on them and have to reinstall it. It's a shame you removed HBC.... I don't hink i would ever remove that for any reason, but that's water under the bridge.

I personally see no other way to recover than using a chip and autoboot wad manager to reinstall some IOS files. Best of luck.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
and that's the reason why cioscorp, softmii, riksmii or whatever you call it, should NOT be promoted as the ultimate & brickproof method to load backups

I'm sure there are lot of people like you, just that they probably don't know (or don't dare) posting on forums

what would have happened if the update had not only screwed the IOS used by Zelda but the one used by your system menu ? Your wii would have been bricked with no chance of lauching anything, neither preloader or HBC !

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
and that's the reason why cioscorp, softmii, riksmii or whatever you call it, should NOT be promoted as the ultimate & brickproof method to load backups

I'm sure there are lot of people like you, just that they probably don't know (or don't dare) posting on forums

what would have happened if the update had not only screwed the IOS used by Zelda but the one used by your system menu ? Your wii would have been bricked with no chance of lauching anything, neither preloader or HBC !

3.4 uses IOS50 which isn't used By CIOSCORP\Riskmod\Softmii so theres no chance in Completely Bricking by Updating

And CIOSCORP and all other RisKMods is only meant for 3.2, Just need to find a better way to remove it, Besides Updateing Thats All, Like using ARC to replace the 3.2system menu and IOS30 then Anytitle deleter to remove all other IOS's and stick in a game like Mario Kart to let it update and replace the removed IOS's Also anyways its Never recommend to remove your HBC when doing things like this, Always best to leave it on there for Backup reasons If he would have had HBC this would not have been a problem, and easily Fixed.

PS- Has anyone here Partially Bricked tried to see if you could update again with Big N servers, Just to see if it helps, you might get lucky and it might Overwrite the IOS9 this time. It should still ask to update if the IOS is still Corrupted or has Not been Overwriten by 3.4 Update
And Also Sense the IOS patcher does seem to be trucha signes Discs i dont think Zelda being patched to a different IOS is no longer going to be a Option and a Mod-chip i dont see how that is going to help you, Sense you can't run trucha signed Disc on 3.4 so that blows any Autoboot Homebrew out of the water so your pretty much left with two options try and Update again through Nintendo which it should allow you to update, Sense IOS9 is still Corrupted\Not be Overwriten Or wait until another Big N comes available and hope that takes care of the corrupted IOS, But this is all Best Guess

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
you post videos on youtube showing off your cool Wii, you come here and read, your refer other people here in your videos, then after everything you've apparently read, and all the stuff you should of learned

you update = FAIL

20clarky08

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
you post videos on youtube showing off your cool Wii, you come here and read, your refer other people here in your videos, then after everything you've apparently read, and all the stuff you should of learned

you update = FAIL

20clarky08
20Clarky08 who's youtube video are you talking about?

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I had my reasons for updating, and nowhere on here does it say anything about updating ios9 issues. I posted this so other people don't try to virginize their wiis without reinstalling ios9. The whole point was to start from scratch so I could to a video tut for your pack. Thanks for the helpful post
sleep.gif

So I assumed 3.4 installs ios9, which is a reasonable assumption, got screwed, and paid for my mistake. I get it.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who tried to help. I worked out a sweet deal with my cousin (works at eb) and I'm getting a new wii. My old wii? $320 on the local kijiji, which makes me almost $50 richer.

F0ur2o

Trophies
Website
www.bigkahunatattshack.com
XP
Country
Canada
Jacobeian said:

Blah blah

None of those apps caused him to update or to completely remove the HBC.

This was caused by the user -- not the app.

Don't get all high and mighty.

How come you don't bash crediar for his "Risky" preloader..? Or Wanin for his region changer...?? Or tona..??

grog.gif

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jacobeian said:

I'm not a total noob at this. The fact that update 3.4 doesn't replace ios9 is total news to me, and I bet you didn't know that either. Softmii is technically brick proof. Most users don't try to totally virginize their wiis, so nobody has had this problem before. Thus I posted it.

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ga1l0w said:
I had my reasons for updating, and nowhere on here does it say anything about updating ios9 issues. I posted this so other people don't try to virginize their wiis without reinstalling ios9. The whole point was to start from scratch so I could to a video tut for your pack. Thanks for the helpful post
sleep.gif

So I assumed 3.4 installs ios9, which is a reasonable assumption, got screwed, and paid for my mistake. I get it.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who tried to help. I worked out a sweet deal with my cousin (works at eb) and I'm getting a new wii. My old wii? $320 on the local kijiji, which makes me almost $50 richer.

does your news channel work?

thanks for posting this , if i read this first then my wii wouldn`t be fuked , so you are helping,
and id say softmii is not worth having!

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why would I lie about this -___- I took a video, then gave it to some family across town. Kijiji is all local, so I litterally drove over to the guys house.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ga1l0w said:
Why would I lie about this -___- I took a video, then gave it to some family across town. Kijiji is all local, so I litterally drove over to the guys house.

??? did i say you was Lying?
Nah i'm just saying you got rid of it pretty quick Less than one day,

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know what you were implying. I posted another topic about this days ago, but it was this recent ios9 discovery that made me post this topic. I knew from the start I was screwed, because there is no reason a semi scratched disc should not epic freeze like it did; at least it should throw up a disc read error if something was wrong. What did the community suggest? Pawn it or chip it.

*sigh*

Anyways, the video I shot of the problem is up if you want to see what was going on. EDIT: Nope. stupid .AVI video is still throwing up an unknown error.

And swf3: Softmii is not evil and did not cause this. The root problem was cioscorp, and stupidity. I will still be making a softmii video guide later, but now I have some extra warnings to give out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @AncientBoi I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a balloon you just blew up.
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Tell her to grow a pair. :rofl2:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played any Sega genesis games?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty I remember getting a Genesis for Xmas, when I was your age, 13-14. Some cool games and good memories. Metal Gear, and Sonic were the games I played the most on it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, metal gear didnt come out for genesis
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, metal gear didnt come out for genesis