Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Diffusion said:
swf3 said:
Raziel5000 said:
yeah but thats a bit extreme, i am sure this is fixable, just need to debug the situation. thats like asking if buying a new wii would fix the problem.

lol
so is i get a modchip could it be fixed? i have a homebrew chanel disc
If you have 3.2 or below.

dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhh
3.4e dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You could still patch the zelda Iso to ios30 and run it then... I hope.

*sad face*. You don't truley appreciate homebrew until you lose it.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ga1l0w said:

I'm sure IOS patching uses fakesigning, so it probably wouldn't work.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
Ga1l0w said:

I'm sure IOS patching uses fakesigning, so it probably wouldn't work.

Well you would need to ask someone that is more experienced if IOS patching Zelda trucha signs or Not cause i'm not sure, But from my point of View its the only option but if it does trucha sign it, It wouldn't work, But if it dont it would work

But i can say from experience that the Bootme autoboot patcher doesn't trucha Sign Wii ISO's and i dont think the IOS Patcher does either, So i dunno, its would be your best shoot to recovery your Wii

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My current plan is to pickup a wiikey chip and load a backup of zelda patched to ios30 with ios patcher. Arg.

Thanks for everyones help. Really love the community here.

Really wish there was another way to install hbc, but that's the way life is I guess.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
But i can say from experience that the Bootme autoboot patcher doesn't trucha Sign Wii ISO's and i dont think the IOS Patcher does either, So i dunno, its would be your best shoot to recovery your Wii

Pretty sure. Since Wiidiscinfo gives me a TMD failure like all Trucha discs. You can also check to see if it loads on 3.3 and 3.4 or look at the disc's signature .

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ga1l0w said:
Maybe formating will help this, but I reallly dont want to lose my rb2/ghwt saves.

Do you have DLC which you don't want to lose? And do the saves copy to an SD card? If so then a format might help.

But as the Wiikey is so inexpensive (and you're on a D2B chipset I presume?) I suggest you go for that if you're ok with soldering (tip: get yourself a flux pen).

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
WiiBlaster said:

Pretty sure. Since Wiidiscinfo gives me a TMD failure like all Trucha discs. You can also check to see if it loads on 3.3 and 3.4 or look at the disc's signature .

Yep he is right, when running the ISO through Bootme to make the disc autoboot it does not give any errors so i know its not trucha signed But when i ran the ISO through IOS Patcher to patch it to IOS30 Wiidiscinfo does gives off a TMD errors, Like it does when a disc is Trucha Signed, So it is must likely Trucha Signed
frown.gif

I dont know what to tell ya, I mean you could still try the Zelda Patch to IOS30 but now i'm pretty sure it wont Work. Cause i'm pretty sure its Trucha Signing it, But still might be worth a Try I guess, I'll leave that up to you

And i really dont know of any way you could fix your problem, Oh well, Atleast it was Worth a Try, But if you do manage to fix your Prob please post Or Hopefully the Next Big Update will Fix Ya, But highly Unlikely
icon8.gif

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
blitter said:
Ga1l0w said:
Maybe formating will help this, but I reallly dont want to lose my rb2/ghwt saves.

...And do the saves copy to an SD card? If so then a format might help.
(To quote myself)

GHWT allows you (from ingame) to move any DLC to an SD card...and part of the save can be copied too (copied file = just 1 block). So if RB allows something similar then from what WiiBlaster says, you might only be left with trying a format. Or selling the console and buying a new one...but it might be hard to sell seeing as Wii Sports also doesn't work??

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this happened to me if you got homebrew installed run wad manager in install your system menu again then downgrade your wii to 3.2 and install preloader or starfall as a safty measure.let us know how you get off

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
this happened to me if you got homebrew installed run wad manager in install your system menu again then downgrade your wii to 3.2 and install preloader or starfall as a safty measure.let us know how you get off

he doesnt have homebrew installd = no wad manager (this is the actual issue posted in the first post)

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recenty updated to 3.4 to 'cleanup'. Then immediately went back to 3.2 with cioscorp. So I don't know if my ios' got fooked.

Just an idea to see if it really corrupts ios':

-From cioscorp update to 3.4 (without removing HBC obviously !)
-Dump ios9 (and/or other)
-Compare the hash from ios9 which was 'dipped' to an 'undipped' ios9 from 3.4

Could someone test this ?
I can only test the 'dipped' ios as I also have cioscorp. But you'll have to for me to get home from work.

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ga1l0w said:
My current plan is to pickup a wiikey chip and load a backup of zelda patched to ios30 with ios patcher. Arg.

Thanks for everyones help. Really love the community here.

Really wish there was another way to install hbc, but that's the way life is I guess.

let me know if you fix it pleases bro!
also do your weither and news channels work still (pleases try them) MINE DONT

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
If only you still had hbc.... You could have easily installed ios9 since that is what tp runs on. But yeah, as others have said, get a wiikey (or v2) and burn an zelda with ios30 (using ios patcher).

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wait so ios patcher signs games? Is there anyway to avoid this? The game doesn't need to be autoboot, it will run as a backup from the modchip.

Also, is there anyway to get wads installed with a modchip? Finally, would the modchips config disc even run on 3.4?

hackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A free fix would be to wait till a new update come out...

Or check to see if any games are out with 3.4 on them, animal crossing or something? See if it prompts for an update.

Also have you tried updating from N again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch