Can't boot OFW properly, only black screen and cfw

auron98x23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I need your help about a strange problem that I'm having with my switch. It's becoming very difficult to boot in the ofw mode. Every time that I try to turn on the Switch the screen remains black. I can only boot into atmosphere and then use my cfw with no problem

1. no, I don't have autormc activated
  2. My ofw version is the last one and my cfw version is 1.6.0.3
Even If I try to use the atmosphere option to reboot into the original ofw, nothing happens.

The only way that I have to use ofw is to put the console under charge ...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What HW version? RCM or mod chip? Which mod chip and on which firmware (if chipped)? Do you have a game in the slot, and have you tried booting to ofw without one in there?

Reactions: auron98x23

auron98x23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What HW version? RCM or mod chip? Which mod chip and on which firmware (if chipped)? Do you have a game in the slot, and have you tried booting to ofw without one in there?
First of all, thanks for your help! it is RCM with serial xaj40009897102. I don't have any game in the slot and yes. I even tried to boot without the sd card. I have emunand

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please post your hekate_ipl.ini
Also, add the following, and see if OFW will boot this way. IIRC, this will boot stock, but skipping fuse checks. In case your fuse count doesn't match your firmware. Did you happen to install a firmware upgrade while in CFW mode (try this before answering)?
Code:
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1

Another reason (besides autoRCM, which is the #1 reason for this... but you swear it's not enabled) could also be a bad emmc.
Do you use an RCM loader, or do use a PC to inject? Either way, see if your jig launches hekate when you plug it in, while in this black screen state. Or see if your PC program detects RCM mode.

Last edited by urherenow,

auron98x23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also, add the following, and see if OFW will boot this way. IIRC, this will boot stock, but skipping fuse checks. In case your fuse count doesn't match your firmware. Did you happen to install a firmware upgrade while in CFW mode (try this before answering)?
Code:
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1

Another reason (besides autoRCM, which is the #1 reason for this... but you swear it's not enabled) could also be a bad emmc.
Do you use an RCM loader, or do use a PC to inject? Either way, see if your jig launches hekate when you plug it in, while in this black screen state. Or see if your PC program detects RCM mode.
Ok good news: with your code I can boot ofw via atmosphere. Thanks, but my issue is still there. I have some other data for you: 18 - 0 fuse count. I checked again and my stock version is 16.1.0, the emunand version is 16.0.3

with hekate I also checked and autoRCM option is OFF.

I use Rekado on my phone to boot hekate.

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1

[CFW - AtmosphereNX (V1)]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
{}

[CFW - AtmosphereNX (V2)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Thanks again for your help, I'm very noob so I hope I'm not waste your time
Post automatically merged:

Code:
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1

I found out another interesting thing: if I use OFW and then I turn off the switch, turning it on everything work properly: the ofw boots and no black screen.

So the problem persist only if I turn off the switch while it's booted the cfw.

Last edited by auron98x23,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok good news: with your code I can boot ofw via atmosphere. Thanks, but my issue is still there. I have some other data for you: 18 - 0 fuse count. I checked again and my stock version is 16.1.0, the emunand version is 16.0.3

with hekate I also checked and autoRCM option is OFF.

I use Rekado on my phone to boot hekate.

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1

[CFW - AtmosphereNX (V1)]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
{}

[CFW - AtmosphereNX (V2)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Thanks again for your help, I'm very noob so I hope I'm not waste your time
Post automatically merged:

I found out another interesting thing: if I use OFW and then I turn off the switch, turning it on everything work properly: the ofw boots and no black screen.

So the problem persist only if I turn off the switch while it's booted the cfw.
Try autohosoff=1

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by urherenow,

auron98x23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
made sure you were actually turning your console all the way off. autohosoff=2 is also a good option. Please read the documentation for the things you're using. Every (I think) option for hekate_ipl.ini is right on the main page!

And there is a lot to know about Atmosphere as well. Namely every single thing you see in and its subfolders.
In other words: I should read the wiki and study it😂
Thanks again for your precious help, you saved my day ❤️

auron98x23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
made sure you were actually turning your console all the way off. autohosoff=2 is also a good option. Please read the documentation for the things you're using. Every (I think) option for hekate_ipl.ini is right on the main page!

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate

And there is a lot to know about Atmosphere as well. Namely every single thing you see in https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/docs and its subfolders.
Hei it's me again!
The switch started to have that problem again, and now I can no longer boot the sysnand. If I try to do so using atmosphere a black screen appears. I also tried to do it even without the sd inserted, same black screen.
I have the last hekate version, and the sysnand has the last released version (17.0.0)
Can you help me? Thanks a lot!

Last edited by auron98x23,

auron98x23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you use the latest Atmosphere (1.6.2)?
Booting SysMMC with ATM 1.6.2 should fix the problem
I updated atmosphere and now I can boot sysnand via atmosphere. but I have another new problem: every time that i try to enter in the emunand using cfw - atmosphere V1, after few seconds of atmosphere logo, a black screen appears. on the other hand if I use cfw - Atmosphere V2 all boots properly. What is the difference?

ps: If I enter in the Sysnand and then i turn off the console, a black screen appears if I power it on. The only way to boot again the stock firmware is to open Hekate. Why?

Thanks again for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste